Join now - be part of our community!

Deleting photos from Sony S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Jannette123
Visitor

Deleting photos from Sony S

I have recently purchased the Sony S and am having nothing but problems attempting very simple things...how do I delete photos from the gallery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eddie86
Visitor

press and hold the picture until it's selcted (top left will have a lime green 'done' button). top right will be a row of icons, one of which is a bin. that icon will delete it.

Once the first picture has been selected, you can tap other pictures to select as well and you can delete a batch at once

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Eddie86
Visitor

press and hold the picture until it's selcted (top left will have a lime green 'done' button). top right will be a row of icons, one of which is a bin. that icon will delete it.

Once the first picture has been selected, you can tap other pictures to select as well and you can delete a batch at once

Jannette123
Visitor

Brilliant all done thank you!

Eddie86
Visitor

no worries!

I'm learning on android if in doubt press and hold :slight_smile:

Jannette123
Visitor

okay Eddie next question....am i correct to think that if i want to download books i have to download them to my pc then transfer them onto the tablet?

Eddie86
Visitor

I use the kindle app which is very good. you can either browse and buy books from the app, or on the amazon website. if you do it from the amazon website, they are downloaded straight to your tablet. There's next to no need to hook up the tablet to a pc for new content!

Hope that's of some use?

Ed

Jannette123
Visitor

okay I am on the Amazon website attempting to download a kindle reading app for the Sony S but..... am I trying to download an android??? as they seem to be for phones ... i must warn you i am a complete numpty!!

Help I have no idea what on earth I am doing!

Message was edited by: Jannette123

Message was edited by: Jannette123

Eddie86
Visitor

on your tablet you need to go to the market and search for kindle

download the app

open the app and sign in/ register with your amazon email address and password. this 'registers' your tablet to your amazon account. you can browse ebooks from in the app, or...

on the pc go to amazon and sign in

you then want to click on 'shop kindle ebooks'

as a test, search for sherlock and a free sherlock holmes book should be the top link. click it

on the right hand side you should see a buy now with 1click and underneath the name of your tablet

now go into your kindle app

top right is the settings button, click that and select sync now and check for items.

the book will download as you watch

:slight_smile:

Message was edited by: Eddie86

Message was edited by: Eddie86

Jannette123
Visitor

OMG i actually did it and have down loaded a book!!! There is no stopping me now!

Thank you so much you have no idea how grateful I am:smileyhappy:

This does of course not mean it will be the end of silly questions.......

Cheers

Eddie86
Visitor

no worries, its nice to be able to do something helpful while off sick!

Ed