Join now - be part of our community!

Does Sony provide worldwide warranty for Tablet S (if bought in China) as I am mostly on travel.

profile.country.it_IT.title
Paulmalay
Visitor

Does Sony provide worldwide warranty for Tablet S (if bought in China) as I am mostly on travel.

Does Sony provide worldwide warranty for Tablet S (if bought in China) as I am mostly on travel to different countries.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

As far as I am aware, the coverage and support varies from country to country.

Sony have models which are exclusive to certain countries/regions and due to this, there is also country/region based support even between the divisions such as Sony Vaio, Playstation and consumer electronics.

I know the UK falls under the European Guarantee so assuming your product was pruchased from a EU country, you should be ok but if outside that remit, your guarantee may not cover you. That is not to say that you would be turned away as as a company, Sony do try and go the extra mile where possible.

In my past experience (consumer electronic), everything is taken on a case by case basis so in the event something unfortunate does occur, you still have some help. It is like with most of countries/brands also, some may instantly reject or refuse to help if your product was purchased from else where. I had this issue with Canon with an earlier EOS camera.

Best thing I can recommend is check all the documentation in the box. I know some countries provide a limited tourist guarantee which allows you to have something repaired in another country and then claimed back upon your return but once again, this varies from country to country.

Hope that gives you some insight.