Join now - be part of our community!

Great difficulty in following manual for Tablet: SGPT111GB/S

profile.country.en_GB.title
Roland6X
Visitor

Great difficulty in following manual for Tablet: SGPT111GB/S

Hi

I am a very experienced user of Linux and Windows PCs and have recently acquired a Sony tablet and am struggling to understand important parts of the manual. It doesn't explain the basics of interacting with the screen, explain what each and every button does, where to find it (eg I can't find the 'Options menu'), how are files revealed - eg like Windows' "Windows Explorer". And so-on.

I've struggled to get the Wi-fi working but with no success - I have a Belkin Access point  RG45-connected  to a router containing a NAT facility. In short, I have failed to get the tablet to do anything useful.

Is there a better-written and comprehensive manual other than the helpguide helpguide_pdf.pdf file.?

Can I get the tablet to read PDF files.

Help

Roland6X

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
Roland6X
Visitor

Hi breedBenR and mpattenden thanks for your helpful posts.

I've made progress and getting the hang of it. My tablet is sgpt111GB/S and runs Android 3. I still couldn't get

Settings | Wifi | 3grey squares ... (They just aint there). However I found the tablet's MAC address by using a TCP/IP network script- so WiFi works well.After delving through Android apps from all sorts of places, landed securely on Google Play. Yes I found a PDF reader (ezPDF) and FileManagerHD.

The file structure seems to be close to Linux. The tablet is a handy bit of kit and I've stopped behaving like a boar loose in a dense wood after dark.

Do any of you write Android apps? Its diffficult to write software requiring a graphical interface under Linux. Python is a possible, but terribly involved. I wonder if Google's Android SDK makes things easy.

Regards

mhg

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

it is 3 squares in 4.0, it is "Options: Advanced" in 3.1

There are Android Software Development Kits (SDK's) from Google that are environment to develop apps. It is relative easy for someone with earlier application programming experience.