Join now - be part of our community!

Sony please listen! Controlling ps3 with the tablet, where is the app!?

profile.country.en_GB.title
jegavri
Visitor

Sony please listen! Controlling ps3 with the tablet, where is the app!?

Having just splashed out on a new tablet and a ps3 to streamline our media and browsing I am massively disappointed to find that it is not possible to control the ps3 using the tablet. I accept that it is not appropriate for gaming but my husband and I are not massive gamers. For us the ps3 is a mostly a media device and a DVD/blue ray player.

Why the hell is it possible for me to control my Panasonic TV, my old Sony DVD player and my sky box from the tablet but not the SONY(!!!) PS3!?

Until Sony gets their act together does anyone have a way around this? I cannot find an app to deal with it, I read somewhere that it may be possible to use a logitech all in one remote type thing but we don't have one and they are really expensive (does anyone know if other, cheaper, all in ones would work?)

Thanks for any help and Sony you should know I am really annoyed at you right now!

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
smellyonion
New

since there is no ir reciever on the ps3, the control app wont work. the ps3 uses bluetooth, which the tablet also has but this is not supported yet.

if you had a sony tv you could use the bravia sync function whIch controls the ps3 using the tv remote, therefore the tablet could indirectly control the ps3.

shame really but we might see something in the next update since the vita does it .