Join now - be part of our community!

Sony S & ITV/BBC Player

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
CSterry
Visitor

Sony S & ITV/BBC Player

Hi,

I have tried to put ITV & BBC Player on my wife's Sony S Tablet, but it wont have it. Tried loading Adobe Flash Player, but still no good!.

As anyone done it and can tell me how or is it not possible?.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpattenden
New

There is a newer iPlayer app on the play store, when you try and use this it will then point you to the new media player app - after that it all worked ok - catchup tv also works if you register for that.

Still love my tablet S but it will probably be the last Sony Tech purchase. No ongoing support and dumping the product so quickly.......should have learnt my lesson with the Satio phone :angry:

Ignore the winge!

Hope the info helps.

Padster

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi CSterry,

I don't really have a solution for you but can confirm that the BBC iPlayer app from Play Store does work on the Tablet S. Have a look at the following link to see whether there are any answers for you.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/mobile_iplayer/androidapp_howto

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
CSterry
Visitor

Hi Rich

Thanks for that, I will keep trying.

Cheers

Colin.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

it only works in the uk

it does not work with an ip from another country

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As CSterry’s profile states 'UK' as country of residence I assume that is not the problem :thinking:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mpattenden
New

There is a newer iPlayer app on the play store, when you try and use this it will then point you to the new media player app - after that it all worked ok - catchup tv also works if you register for that.

Still love my tablet S but it will probably be the last Sony Tech purchase. No ongoing support and dumping the product so quickly.......should have learnt my lesson with the Satio phone :angry:

Ignore the winge!

Hope the info helps.

Padster

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

at least you have a very fancy remote control!