Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet has 'died' for no reason

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
zabius
Visitor

Sony Tablet has 'died' for no reason

Really weird - the item is less than 3 months old and the screen no longer turns on? It charges the device when I plug it in but it never actually boots - anyone else had that problem? If so any way to remedy the problems?

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi zabius,

If your Tablet does not turn on try the following..

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Updated the Contact Us Link (thanks thisismyusername)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Option 1: Press the power button for longer time (about 10 seconds).

Option 2: There is a little pin-hole next to the volume switch which is the reset button,
use a paper clip or someting to pin in it.
There have been a few reports of such crashes and hard to reboot tablets like you report.

Message was edited by: breedBenR

Message was edited by: breedBenR

zabius
Visitor

Strange..it is working now??

How bizarre!

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Akith.
Visitor

The same happened to me yesterday. I don't remember updating any software or doing anything special. Had to reset to get the tablet working. Would be nice to know what is causing this.

zabius
Visitor

WTF! It just happened again.. won't switch on?!? Sony please repond... :slight_frown:

thisismyusername
Visitor

Mine has also died.  After being only used for about 20 minutes from a full charge, the following day it was flashing red to recharge.  It was plugged in to recharge and later on would not turn on at all.

I have tried to reset and get a red flashing light a few times and then nothing.

Your contact support link goes to a blank page.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
atimatim
Visitor

I had exactly the same problem yesterday. I tried resetting to no avail. I recharged it fully then it started working againon its own

Lrak64
Visitor

Had the same problem, tablet died !!!!

I rang support or should I say tried as the automated system is frustrating and obstructive without any way of talking to a human.instead it just disconnects you. I rang the Sony shop and they said phone customer support...no joy there either...I email support only to recieve a generic email saying try this try that, if I hadn't already tried this community website .

Finally someone phoned me, very helpful and understanding, he arranged for it to be picked up on the thurs, I then received a no response email saying Wednesday......today is Friday and guess what still hasn't been picked up.SONY don't seem to know what they are doing and I feel sorry because it is starting to make me regret buying a Sony tablet.when it's working it's great but don't bother with support they are useless and un organised.

If you want to waste your time chasing support then buy a Sony tablet and wait for it to break....I have only had it 3 months and it's broke !!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi zabius,

If your Tablet does not turn on try the following..

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Updated the Contact Us Link (thanks thisismyusername)

GeoffNT
Visitor

My Tablet has joined the list of those just dying. It was in the cradle on the clock display and I noticed when I got back in at 6pm the clock was showing 3.05pm. I took it off the cradle and it would not respond in any way. I did a reset but it just got stuck on the Sony logo. I tried a hard reset, same thing. Rang the Sony Centre I bought it from and they have arranged for it to be collected for repair today. Courier said it's going to France! Japanese design, presumably made in China, bought in the UK, so obviously it goes to France for repair, where else?!!!

Not happy as, among a load of other stuff, I have Anmoney on it for all of my finances and, while I thought the files were stored on the removable SD card which I do back-up every so often, I discovered to my horror, when I tried to find them that they are only stored on the internal SD card which will now be wiped during the repair 😞 Lesson learned there as that is 11 months of financial transactions gone. My own fault I know for not checking properly where it was stored, but I guess I never thought it would completely brick itself either. Goodness knows how long it will take me to reload all of the apps and widgets I had set up when I do get it back. At least the Play Store will list the apps I had loaded I guess.

Anyone recommend a good app for backing up the whole system when I do get it set up again.