Join now - be part of our community!

Throwing from S Tablet to Sony SMP-N100

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
thecoulson
Visitor

Throwing from S Tablet to Sony SMP-N100

Hi,

After exhaustive & exhausting research, I've finally decided to buy the Sony S Tablet over the Samsung Galaxy 10.1

Anyway, has anyone tried throwing content at the SMP-N100 Multimedia Receiver?

Am particularly interested in photos (jpg), music (mp3) and video (Divx / AVI)

It's my current understanding that only the AVI format won't play wirelessly on the SMP-N100, though I could put the movie onto a USB and plug it directly into the box if required.

Anyone have any experience with the Tablet and the SMPN100 ?  If so, are you happy that things work ??!

On a side note, is the SMP-N100 a decent device, generally?  It's being plugged into a Hitachi HD 42" TV.

Many Thanks,

Paul

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.it_IT.title
crimi8787
Contributor

hi Paul,

the sony smp n100 has the same function of the 2011 bravia internet tv!! so you can play in dlna every file!!

the problem is that: with sony tablet you can send to the tv or to the media reciver only the file that you can play with the sony media player built into the sony tablet. so you can't send the divx files. for jpeg, mp3 and mpeg it's ok!!

but, with the sony smp n100 you  can play all the file stored in your computer!!! you need only a good software like "ps3 media server ". It' free on the web!!

sorry for my english!

byeeee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.it_IT.title
crimi8787
Contributor

hi Paul,

the sony smp n100 has the same function of the 2011 bravia internet tv!! so you can play in dlna every file!!

the problem is that: with sony tablet you can send to the tv or to the media reciver only the file that you can play with the sony media player built into the sony tablet. so you can't send the divx files. for jpeg, mp3 and mpeg it's ok!!

but, with the sony smp n100 you  can play all the file stored in your computer!!! you need only a good software like "ps3 media server ". It' free on the web!!

sorry for my english!

byeeee

profile.country.en_GB.title
thecoulson
Visitor

Fab - thanks for letting me know! Much appreciated.:smileyhappy:

profile.country.de_DE.title
th80de
Visitor

The SMP-N200 should be available soon. Maybe you should wait for the new version.

profile.country.ru_RU.title
vzaichenko
Visitor

Hello all!

This is not exactly right - I own SMP-N100, so I know this for sure.

It supports dlna for sound streaming ONLY. No pictures or video...

Cheers,

Valery

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Michielb2001
Visitor

Hi,

I bought the SMP-N200 but have a problem throwing mp3 to it from the sony tablet s

The mp3 will play on the tablet via DLNA.

The same mp3 will play on the mediaplayer via DLNA.

But when I try throwing it I get an error. M4A files work fine, but most of my music is in mp3.

Is there a max bitrate for mp3 when throwing it?