Join now - be part of our community!

Update 4.0.3 r5a

profile.country.en_GB.title
to-tom
Visitor

Update 4.0.3 r5a

** Update **

After 2 days everthing is now working fine. Except the Tablet S just powers off and I need to reset it to work. This has happened 4 times since the update, but never happened before.

Now that I've had chance to use"movies" and "walkman" I really like what they have done. Very nice little touches that make it a pleasure to use both.

I am over the initial shock of my music/film/video not working, which was not a good introduction to the update! But happy no!

I found game icons disappeared but I put the them back and there seem to be no problems.

I will leave this thread open so comments can be updated and followed.

Have just updated on Sony Tablet S and:

1) The movie player shows downloaded purchased  films and tv shows from Video Unlimited, but will not play them  get message saying cannot play video.

2) The new movie player is  poor. Gone is the 3 choices of showing video/films. Replaced by boxes on the left for tv, movies and video unlimited. With littles squares showing episode/film.  Do not like this at all.

3) Walkman or other music players will not play music.

Great job Sony- email on its way to complain!

Message was edited by: to-tom

Message was edited by: to-tom

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

me too, on the original Tablet S

updated this morning, without problems.

icons changed, purple squares are gone.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Roland_Larsson
Visitor

My tablet ended up in guest mode where shortcuts to most of my apps are gone. I can't get back to the original account. Anyone who knows how?

mpattenden
New

guys,

not sure this is going to help but I upgraded as soon as I got the notification and can happily report no issues. I've tested the points listed as not working and they all work fine.

With one really useful addition in that the Walkman app discovers all the media on my NAS.

Regards

Padster

breedBenR

an issue i have, is that my desktop app icons are incomplete after the update.

I can readd app icons but they disappear after each reset.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

mpattenden wrote:

guys,

not sure this is going to help but I upgraded as soon as I got the notification and can happily report no issues. I've tested the points listed as not working and they all work fine.

With one really useful addition in that the Walkman app discovers all the media on my NAS.

Regards

Padster

Hi,

I have to agree with Padster, have installed the update and as of yet I am happy to say I have not noticed any issues..

I have also checked the above apps mentioned by to-tom and unable to replicate any of the problems..:smileyconfused:

breedBenR

i have the same issue, to-om.

about a dozen apps affected

i'm planning a factory reset when i have time over xmas, to see if that clears the problem, but i will need .5 day to reinstall my apps, so can't test that quickly

mictaylo71
Visitor

Hi,

I am also having the same issue,i tried installing new apps and the shortcuts appeared to stay after reboot.

However,that only worked until i reinstalled the apps having issues and rebooted then most of them disappearred again. The issue is only happening to about a dozen apps as stated above.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

breedBenR wrote:

uninstall the app that has icon trouble

shutdown and restart tablet

install the app, placing the icon on the desktop

shutdown and restart tablet again:

icon has now stayed

Only tried Aldiko Book Reader to date but unfortunately the icon doesn't stay after the final reboot:smileysad:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
breedBenR

sofar worked for me for two apps: MX player, for example

did you truly uninstall (i.e. remove from the tablet) the app before first reboot?