Join now - be part of our community!

Wallpaper Resolution and pixilation?

SOLVED
arlee5476
Visitor

Wallpaper Resolution and pixilation?

I've researched this question on the forum but didn't come up with an answer that was specific to the tablets, or didn't involve downloading a wallpaper app so...

I've downloaded some HD 1920x1200 images to use as wallpaper on the home screen.  When putting them in I'm asked to crop.  Whether I crop or not the images make a grainy and magnified wallpaper. 

How does one get a crisp clear image and get the entire image to show? 

I've downloaded a couple of free wallpaper apps to play with.  The image cropping is still an issue because so little of the original image actually makes it to the home screen.  But I shouldn't have to use an app to set wallpaper from an image.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prasadm1
Visitor

The xperia tablet wallpaper ideally has to have a size of 2880x1920. This is because of the way android wallpaper work - stretches across home screens and orientation switch - and the resolution of the screen. The good folks at XDA forum has lots of information on the wallpaper template. maybe search wallpaper template in that forum. The issue with graininess is because the tablet stretches the image to meet the above resolution. try higher resolution images..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Prasadm1
Visitor

The xperia tablet wallpaper ideally has to have a size of 2880x1920. This is because of the way android wallpaper work - stretches across home screens and orientation switch - and the resolution of the screen. The good folks at XDA forum has lots of information on the wallpaper template. maybe search wallpaper template in that forum. The issue with graininess is because the tablet stretches the image to meet the above resolution. try higher resolution images..
arlee5476
Visitor

Thank you.  That's starting to make sense about needing to stretch across multiple home screens.  I've since tried a higher res image and also downloaded the app Wallpaper Wizardrii.  It lets  you use images already on your device rather than giving you thousands of images to choose from, and am getting closer to a solution.  The grainieness went away, but the image wasn't large enough to cover 2 home pages without a gap on the left side of the first home page.  Will check out the XDA forum.

arlee5476
Visitor

Prasadm, thanks for that suggestion about XDA forum. They had a lot of very detailed tech info that helped. That forum is definitely something I'll search in the future.