Join now - be part of our community!

Where can I get a replacement sim holder?

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeffcoote
New

Where can I get a replacement sim holder?

Sony support have been incapable of providing any information but have offered to 'repair' my tablet!

That's the little black plastic tray you get with a 3G version that fits in the 3G slot next to the SD card.

Message was edited by: jeffcoote

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jeffcoote and welcome.

Have you tried a mobile phone shop like Vodaphone, T-Mobile or O2?  These trays are usually standard and phone shops may have replacements.

If not, come back and we can try somewhere else.

:thinking:

jeffcoote
New

In the tablet S, Sony supplies a tray which has a full-size sim hole in it to either hold a full-size sim or a micro-sim with an adapter. It is the Sony -supplied tray that I am after.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jeffcoote,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Have you managed to source the Sim tray for your tablet S.?

If not have you tried contacting Sony support - Contact Sony support

djpoki
Visitor

Hiya,
I've just managed to get one directly from Sony.  What a route I had to go to get it though.
They cost £3.50 BUT they charged me £18.50 shipping because it came from Belgium. EH!  I could fly to Belgium and pick one up for that price.
Short version of this story is it's a Connector, card (sim tray); part number is 184301711.
My invoice shows the following details for Sony in Edinburgh;
SONYV
Calder House
599 Calder Road
Edinburgh
EH11 4GA
UNITED KINGDOM
I'm finished with Sony and here's why.
Called Sony store in Aberdeen.  Very helpful gave me parts number (third party company) and Sony support number just in case.
Parts company do not carry the sim tray.  Called support number spoke to some very nice people in EGYPT.  Was told had to return Tablet for chargeable repair initially.  BUT it was never picked up and had to call again a week later.  This time it turns out they CAN sell me the part for £3.50 plus £18 shipping charge.  Eventually (5 days later) the part arrived today would you believe.

Message was edited by: djpoki

UPDATE;  Sony have contacted me to apologise for the issues I faced obtaining this part.  They have noted the concerns and will address them to make the support experience better.  Thank you Chris @ the Sony Eu customer relations office.