Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 tablet touch screen issue

majki_one
Explorer

Xperia Z2 tablet touch screen issue

Hello
Since a few days i`m owner of Xperia Z2 tablet. What i noticed the screen sometimes recognise touch, but sometimes not. I wonder have anyone else has the same problem ?. I have newest drivers installed on it through PC Companion.

45 REPLIES 45
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there and welcome to the Community :wink:

Was it like that from first start up etc? Or has this happened after you updated it?

profile.country.FI.title
Gnopps
New

I'm having the same problem. For me the tablet randomly doesn't recognize touches during the below instances. In all cases either going to home screen and relaunching the app or turning the screen off/on will solve the problem. The problems occur several times per day but not constantly.

• Sometimes opening apps will cause everything but the bottom android-buttons to be non-responsive. This can happen in any app it seems, including native ones such as Google Play.
  • Sometimes the lockscreen doesn't recognize touches at all.
  • While charging I've had issues getting the touchscreen to recognize, disconnecting the charger has helped.
  • Double-tap to wake seems to be very moody, sometimes working sometimes not. Sometimes it turns the screen on even by me just holding the tablet with my palm resting against the screen.

While not a bug per se, but the android-buttons seem very picky that you have to hit them right on the spot to work.

majki_one
Explorer

Hello
Yes it like that since beginning. I was reading one of the review where i found that the update to the newest version via PC Companion help a bit, but still is not responsive as my other touch devices. I have the same difficulties as the Gnopps. I would expect more for that price

jarau_de
New

I have the same issue since the beginning. Sometimes the touchscreen does not respond. I have to use my touchpen with hard pressure to get a reaction. Also my fingernail does not work properly with the touch panel. The sensitivity is rather bad. Same for dry fingers. Sony does not know anything about a touchscreen problem.

majki_one
Explorer

I Just Wonder is this hardware or software issue. Are there more People with the same problem is it global or we have foulty units? 

Strange80
New
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all and welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Having read other posts on this subject it would appear that you are not alone, this has been raised with one of our contacts within Sony in a hope that they can help, if, & when, we receive a reply we'll update this thread..

As far as I am aware the latest software version is: 17.1.A.1.2

Release started: 2014-03-21

To check your device's current software version: Settings > About phone > Build number / version

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all

I'm wondering whether this is a 'batch' type problem or an actual software problem etc?

Have any of you managed to try one that isn't the one you bought?

Have any of you exchanged / tried to exchange them?

christophmuench
Explorer

I also have severe touchscreen problems. Forums and blogs are full of reports of this kind!

Again and again it happens that touches are not properly registered; that tapping on something causes nothing to happen; that even for longer periods the touchscreen is totally locking up! Then it's not even possible to unlock the lockscreen!

Seems to happen more when the tablet is connected to the charger; but not always, there is no really reproducible pattern.

SONY, IS THERE A FIX UNDERWAY? OR IS IT A HARDWARE ISSUE? PLEASE ANSWER!