Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

SOLVED
simeon.mcgri
Explorer

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

Hi

Google cast stoped working after latest software update. I tried to power reset and storage reset,but it didn't help.

The tv is connected to router via wire.  My PC and sony z3 can't find google cast 😞

Anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

This issue is confirmed as resolved.  See the following support article: HERE

Screenshot:

_20151020_130510.JPG

Cheers

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
windsurftom

just found my Mac OSX couldn't find my Bravia on google cast now too!

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Just noticed the same thing! Not working from my iPhone 6s

Hit888
Explorer

Same problem here. Google cast used to work but will no longer work after the software update. 

Multiple reboots and factory restores doesn't fix it. 

Oh and I see multiple posters on the main tv fault thread has the same problem. 

Poor show Sony! 

ODINtor
New

I have a Bravia 55 inch 8505c - google cast on all my iPad apps (i.e. HBO and YouTube) stopped working after the update. Hoping for a patch real soon!

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

My GoogleCast has stopped working also, it did work after the update but when missing when I had to do a power reset. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting stuff inc full factory reset. 

Sony please fix this because this update has broken more of the facilities. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

I'm sorry to say the same for me!

profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

Is there a way to contact Sony or do they check this forum?  It must be more than us 4-5 people that have this problem now!?!

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Eban65 I recommend that you raise a support request here http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/email

You should then get an acknowledgement and a case number. Looking at other threads it's everyone that has tried to use GoogleCast, a lot more than 4-5. Mine did not show as a problem until I did a power reset by holding down the standby button for a few seconds. (I had to do this to resolve remote control issues)

If you get any info please post back here to help others, the more people that report it formally the quicker Sony will realise they have broken the feature, so that it can be fixed before the next update. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

Hi, this link go to the British support. I think I try to find a Scandinavian or Swedish support.  But Thanks for the advice!