Join now - be part of our community!

50w809c - sound noise/crackling with bass

SOLVED
soniaczziom

50w809c - sound noise/crackling with bass

Hey,

can anyone with simmilar model run below video on YT and check if sound starts to crackle when bass starts around 0:20 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqiGQd9248

The not-bass boosted version of this song sound OK, is it my tv problem or just the TV speakers cannot handle such bass - on external output home cinema its fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
soniaczziom

I found that its caused by DSEE option - i have to disable Clear Sound+ and make sure that DSEE is disabled - it fixes this. Whats strange it only happens when I run youtube when digital TV source is active. If selected source is for example HDMI2 which is PS4 and I go to youtube (build in tv YT ofcourse) - no matter what is the sound settings it works fine.

Seems that it is some interference with digital TV and apps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
soniaczziom

I found that its caused by DSEE option - i have to disable Clear Sound+ and make sure that DSEE is disabled - it fixes this. Whats strange it only happens when I run youtube when digital TV source is active. If selected source is for example HDMI2 which is PS4 and I go to youtube (build in tv YT ofcourse) - no matter what is the sound settings it works fine.

Seems that it is some interference with digital TV and apps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for posting back the solution im sure this will help others.

Cheers

soniaczziom

Did anyone else encountered this issue ? Knows why does it happen ?

soniaczziom

I also noticed that it happens not only in this video in Youtube but also in all Android Apps and some other videos.

Overall the sound is very disorted when changing from live TV to an android app while DSEE is activated. Can you report this to SONY ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have tested this on my KDL-43W805C and cannot replicate this issue.  I can report it to Sony, but as no one else has confirmed this issue, its hightly unlikely it would be looked at anytime soon.

I do have a current bugs and issues thread going - but im only adding problems that multiple people are experiencing:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020

I will keep an eye out though if anyone else reports in with this problem.

Cheers

soniaczziom

Have you used the build-in tuner testing it ? For me it only happens when switching from built in tuner live-tv (DVB-C with CI card) to youtube. Make sure you have standard sound settings with DSEE enabled - because this is what makes the sound messy.

Below video is a good example - when bass starts around 0:20 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqiGQd9248

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just quickly - I can confirm now.  Should have used the YT clip you posted originally.

I will get back to you.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can also confirm the use of the inbuilt tuner (DVB-T /T2) as the source.

When changing to a hdmi source and then using the inbuilt youtube app on the TV - all works ok.

Will add this as an official bug/issue and report it to Sony.

Anonymous
Not applicable