Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - Vevo app

SOLVED
geeebeee72

Android TV - Vevo app

Evening

im having an issue with the Vevo app. The TV (55XD9305) is hooked up to a Sony ES2400 amplifier. When I try to adjust the volume, the VEVO app kicks me out to the home screen. solutions appreciated. 

Thanks. Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fhaarman
Explorer

This is not caused by the Sony TV but is a bug in the Vevo app itself that came with the previous update. I have contacted Vevo and they replied that there is a new update as of today that will fix this issue. I have installed the update and it is fixed indeed. Thank you Vevo. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just tested this on my KD-55XD8577 connected to a Sony AV receiver (STR-DH820) and can confirm this problem.

I will report it to Sony and add it to the 'ever growing' list of bugs and issues.

If anyone has a 2015 Android TV, can you please test and reply back as I would like to know if this is unique to 2016 ATVs or not.

*** Congratulations @geeebeee72 :drink: well spotted - Hope you dont mind if I rename this thread slightly, just to make it easier or others to fin.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
chrgray

Same problem on a 2015 ATV - KD-65X8509C connected to Sony RHT-G11 Sound Stand. Changing TV volume, kicks you back to the Vevo Home page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

As an update:

Sony has reproduced this issue in testing using current and previous FW versions.  It has been escalated up to the engineers.

Cheers

fhaarman
Explorer

This is not caused by the Sony TV but is a bug in the Vevo app itself that came with the previous update. I have contacted Vevo and they replied that there is a new update as of today that will fix this issue. I have installed the update and it is fixed indeed. Thank you Vevo.