Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-55W755C not responding

Bravia KDL-55W755C not responding

Hi,

I have a problem with my KDL-55W755c

If it is left for a period, say 6 hours the LED will shine but the TV is not on. I can turn the TV on with the remote but then it doesn't respond to the remote, the LED doesn't change and I have to turn the power off to the TV after theis it works fine. I can't power it down with the remote or the power button at the back of the TV, it has to be completely switched off at the socket.

I have tried a reset and hard reset of all settings and still seems to do it. I did install a couple of apps before this all started happening. It doesn't always do this. I have uninstalled the apps and also purged the cache.

Any suggestions?

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What colour is the LED when this happens?  when you refer to a hard reset, are you meaning a factory reset?

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

I have the exact same problem with my KDL-55W807C! The LED is white and is the same brightness as when the TV is on. I can turn on the TV with the remote but that's it. After that it doesn't respond to anything.

It's connected to a Yamaha receiver and ARC and CEC is enabled. When this happens, then there's no sound from the receiver.

I can control the TV with the Sideview app on my iPhone and it responds just fine with that. If I turn off the TV with that, then I can turn it on with the remote again and then it works just fine.

I have had the TV since september and had my share of bugs, but the last update fixed many of the annoyances, but this has cropped up in the last couple of weeks. I have done a factory reset many times, after the updates, but I really don't want to do it again, just to fix this issue.

I would really like a solution to this issue. I know how to fix it, my the rest of the family is clueless and to them is simply doesn't work, so we might have to send it to repair to fix this, even though I don't think that it's something that can be repaired.

Hi,

thanks for for your reply.

the led is bright white and doesn't respond to any remote button presses after the to is powered on. You have to remove the power to turn off, the power button at the back also doesn't turn it off.

Initially, The TV can be turned off ok with no led lit. But if you return to the tv sometime later, the led is lit and can be turned on but then becomes unresponsive.

I have performed a 'soft' reset so it keeps settings and channels and also a 'hard' or factory reset so all settings and channels have been removed and it starts its initial routine when powered on.

it hasn't done it for a while after reset, but did do it once yesterday, but not since.

this is quite an annoyance as I don't want to keep resetting the tv and really don't want to send it for repair as I don't think it's a repairable problem more a software or firmware problem.

i don't understand the problem as its so sporadic and doesn't seem repeatable.

however, it only seems to do it when the Mrs turns the to off! :slight_smile: I've had the TV over 8 months but it has only just started with this problem.

i found a post that someone else was having the same problem around February, but after a few resets he said the problem hasn't returned, it almost seems like an update needs a few resets before it sticks.

profile.country.GB.title
webby73
Explorer

I'm having the same problem with my KDL-43W809C. The remote turns the TV on, nothing more. Having to keep factory reset the TV is becoming rather annoying. I hope Sony have a fix for this soon.

profile.country.GB.title
niallmilner
Explorer

We have exactly the same problem. The best work around is to use the Android app to turn the tv off and then on again. Hoping that a firmware update sorts it.........

The odd thing is that having done it intermittently it's now every time. Not what you expect from such an expemsive piece of kit.

profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

I also think it's strange that this has started to happen... It does it every day now, and multiple times each day. I have witnessed it myself several times while I was sitting in the couch with the TV off, and then suddenly the receiver is turned on and the LED on the TV turns on as well. Then nothing else happens...

Hi,

Do you knw if this is a known problem with a update to rectify?

Rich

Kalle_in_Sweden
Explorer

Hi !

I have encountered the same problem, but in my case it's about when I connect the unit to the wall socket after it has been broken a number of hours, and then isn't quick enough pressing the remote On/Off as soon as the LED is lit, the audio will be missing from the device and the remote control has no function any more.

I have to switch the power off and start all over again, to press the button as quick as possible after the LED is on. Then there are no problems with audio or anything
From standbye it's no problem either !

/Kalle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Sony is aware of this issue in which the TV is unresponsive after being in a 'deep sleep', as well as the remote control.  They do have a fix in the pipeline, but it is not known when the next firmware will be released.

So, when this happens the only thing you can do is pull the AC power for 30seconds and try again.

Ive also added thisto the bugs and issues list:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2187803#M44644

Cheers