Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.ro_RO.title
dyonissos
Visitor

Hi all,

I have a KDL-32CX520, and as I said in a previous post, i would like to see the following implemented in a future firmware:

• the possibility to save the channel list and user settings on a USB drive or on the home network;
  • mkv playback support, as the vast majority of network players and tv sets that has embedded players support it;
  • CIFS client. The implemented DLNA client is ok, but the possibility of browsing CIFS network drives and playing content from them will add further functionality to the embedded media player.
  • on my old KDL-32S2530 i had the possibility to keep a little digital clock in the right lower corner of the screen. I would like to see this feature on this tv too.
  • on the remote controller i would like to have 2 additional buttons: a back/return button to get me to the previous tv channel, and a channel list button. Now, i have to press the menu buton, then the digital tv button to see the channel list.
  • in the web browser, it would be very nice to have some sort of pointer or mouse cursor to navigate in the web pages.
  • flash support for the web browser. There are lots of webpages with flash content that cannot be displayed.

Catmambo, thank you for your quick response!

Regards,

Dyonissos

bryfly
New

Would love to see a back / return button to previous channel, had this feature on a previous LG tv , very useful

BlueSmoke1000
Visitor

I've a 2010 Bravia KDL-32EX403.

I like the ability to turn the screen off when listening to DVB radio broadcasts, or external sources.  But I can't turn the screen off when listening to MP3 playback from the TV.

The TV also seems over fussy about which MP3 album art it shows.  Whilst my PC will show it, the TV often won't, though sometimes will.

How about a few user-defined buttons on the remote for techy users?  I often turn the screen off when listening to things, but it's a fair few button presses and menu navigations to do this.  It'd be nice to be able to program a button to go to "favourite" menu options, such as screen off, wherever they might be in the menu structure.

My TV adds and removes channels dynamically, and this is a good thing.  But I'd quite like to be told when this has happened, or I might miss some new TV channel that's just started!  Or at least to be able to choose to be told of new services, or not.

Thanks!

mgketteridge
Visitor

Hi Sony Team

I bought a Sony Bravia TV because I can get concerts from the Berlin Philharmaonic.

Would it be possible for Medicic TV to be made available too?

Thanks for considering this - I hope it will be possile soon

Malcolm

profile.country.en_FR.title
alanscoachdriver
New

The Podcasts feature needs improvement. Listing just a select few which are outdated is of little use. Have a full directory and allow subscriptions ideally with a counter for how many unwatched episodes. Look at the Apple TV for a simple way to do this.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Hi all,

I have a KDL-37EX720 and I would like to see the following implemented in a future firmware:

• More widgets (now only Facebook & Twitter),
  • USB HDD recordings to be playable on other devices i.e. PC
  • Record possibility using WLAN//LAN (recording on a home network device i.e PC)
  • Support Flash for web browsing
  • Java in browser does not always show Java content
  • A more resilient internal picture and movie viewer on the supported formats and more formats should also be supported
  • Exit to top level and back to previous function in one touch on remote (Exit and Return buttons)

In hardware following improvements would also be nice:

• More internal memory to show some web pages (I had one web page that couldn't show due to to little memory)
  • Back-light in remote to ease use in very darkroom cases

Best Regards,

Nielsen

Message was edited by: Nielsen

Message was edited by: Nielsen

22point8
Visitor

I have an EX403 and I want:

• Ability to use the picture menu by presing the options button when playing video from USB movie player
  • Colour management system with saturation hue and luminance for all 6 colours (Red Green Blue Yellow Cyan Magenta)
  • 10 or 20 point grayscale/white balance
  • Make RGB gains so that they can be increased
  • RGB Gain and Bias control range 0-255 with 128 as default
  • ITV Player and 4od
  • Ability to search for firmware updates manually
    tranceformer88
    Visitor

Hello,

I have a KDL40-EX503 - have read that internet widgets won't be coming to this set but wonder if the media player can be upgraded to play MKVs, RMVBs and HD Divx? Also, any chance of an internet browser? Doubt I will get a reply but if you don't ask. Thanks.

Cyrax.NET

Hi Catmambo

You know there is only one feature I go on about on here :dizzy:

IMPROVED SUPPORT FOR MPEG 4 files.  So possibly mkv containers but of course I mean the bit rates/frame rates/resolution/codecs currently not played back giving the dreaded "playback not available".

This is a feature that should only be software based so 'easily' applicable to a firmware upgrade.

I FEEL A FORUM POLL COMING ON SOON OF MOST REQESTED FEATURES AND THIS WOULD BE MY VOTE.

Thanks