Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDP-S1500 Apps and Vewd

Sony BDP-S1500 Apps and Vewd

I bought my BDPS1500 two years ago as a Bluray player, but to be honest have never used it to play a disc, and instead used Opera Store (later Vewd) to access Plex. However, yesterday when I accessed Vewd, there was a scrolling banner saying the app would no longer be availbale from 28th June. Is this right across the Sony range? or just on my model. I have contacted Vewd, who said it was a Sony decision. Whatever way. by the end of June I'll have a rather useless brick under my TV!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Andy, 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm not too sure but I've passed on your message and someone will update this thread when we have more news for you. 

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
margarida23
New

I get the same message when I open Vewd on my Bluray player. Are there any updates on this?

profile.country.GB.title
Prowlmedia

I’d recommend selling it ASAP and getting an amazon fire tv 4K or fire stick. They cost nothing and are a LOT better for plex.  Can handle direct video which the Sony cannot.  Overall it’s a lot lot faster too.

Or an Apple TV 4K if you are in the Apple ecosystem.

If if you do want a blue ray an Xbox is updated way more often and has way more apps. 

profile.country.GB.title
kormis
New

You see, the fact is that sleep disorders can be a symptom of various disorders, starting with such "harmless" as neurasthenia, for example. Therefore, if this is not a small episode (when a person, for example, just got agitated, suffered a disease, was too active, etc., and therefore cannot fall asleep), then such problems cannot be solved by sleeping drugs https://orderambienonline.org/buy-ambien-legally/ alone. First you need to establish what kind of disorder takes place. And if there is one, then select a complex therapy, perhaps not only medication.