Join now - be part of our community!

Music

SOLVED
eloste
Visitor

Music

Help please! I have various music tracks on my xperia stored on the sd card. Some of these tracks were downloaded on my PC from CD,s or youtube etc so have the wrong original names  i,e. "track 12" etc. Before putting thm on my xperia i change the name to something that identifies the track correctly but every few months or so the tracks all resort back to their original name (track 12 etc). Obviously this is extremely frustrating because i have to keep editing all my music only for it to resort back again after another few months. Any idea if there is anyway i can stop this happening please?? If i cannot stop it i will consider buying a seperate sony mp3 player for my music but i am very concerned that i may encounter the same problem with this!  Any thoughts / feedback greatly appreciated.  Note I have been in touch with sony on chat line and they cannot seem to understand this problem so cannot help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eloste
Visitor

Sorry O Kudos, just googled the whole "tag" thing you mentioned and realised that may be the answer. I have been just editing the name and artist but now see i probably need to actually go into the properties of each mp3 file and change the details within that file.  Thanks fine fella, you may well have got me sorted. cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pseudonym
Contributor

You're probably running into the conflict between what the filename of the music track might be, and the mp3 tags, if any. You can edit the tags on a Mac using iTunes, (not sure which app to use on a PC). There are also mp3 tag editing programs available on the Google Play Store. You could simply edit the track names on the phone, but - Remember also that if you have files in a folder, be sure to number the first starting with 01 rather than  just 1 (or use 001 if you have many files in a single folder). Don't forget that 01 alligator might be followed by 01 baboon before 02 alligator, so I'd keep all your alligator files in one folder apart from the baboons🙂

eloste
Visitor

thanks but unfortunately you have missunderstood the problem. I do not have an issue with renaming the files, i do that all the time. The problem is that every few months they just revert back to their original name, i have no idea why this happens!

eloste
Visitor

Sorry O Kudos, just googled the whole "tag" thing you mentioned and realised that may be the answer. I have been just editing the name and artist but now see i probably need to actually go into the properties of each mp3 file and change the details within that file.  Thanks fine fella, you may well have got me sorted. cheers.