Join now - be part of our community!

Saving photos and videos on SD card by default

SOLVED
EvaBe
Visitor

Saving photos and videos on SD card by default

How do I choose the SD card as default memory for photos and videos? I can't find this anywhere. Every time I transfer photos/videos from the phone's memory, the phone begins the naming from 001. Then when I transfer the photos/videos onto the SD card I have several with the same name. This is really frustrating as I would like to have my photos and videos in the correct order. Hope someone can help me! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @EvaBe, welcome to our forum!

The setting for the where the photos and videos that you take should be stored can be found directly in the Camera application if you tap on the cogwheel in the bottom left > More > Data storage > SD card.

When you have enabled this setting, all photos that you take and all videos that you record will be saved directly to your SD card, so you can save both space on the internal storage and you don't have to move them all the time! Slightly_smiling_Face

I hope that helps and have a great weekend!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jonas
Master

Hi @EvaBe, welcome to our forum!

The setting for the where the photos and videos that you take should be stored can be found directly in the Camera application if you tap on the cogwheel in the bottom left > More > Data storage > SD card.

When you have enabled this setting, all photos that you take and all videos that you record will be saved directly to your SD card, so you can save both space on the internal storage and you don't have to move them all the time! Slightly_smiling_Face

I hope that helps and have a great weekend!

EvaBe
Visitor

Thank you very much!

Have a nice weekend!

🙂 Eva

Jonas
Master

You're very welcome and let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a nice Wednesday!

Baltojo
Visitor

Thanks, this is a huge help. I was looking all over for this info.

Jonas
Master

@Baltojo, you're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a nice day!

Ahmed-Haroon
Visitor

thanks man, now i can save some space on internal storage Slightly_smiling_Face

Aspiro11
Visitor

I have tried using the save to sd card option, but this does not work for 4k video. My internal memory is only 32 GB, so it's not practical to save to internal memory. I have a 512 GB (A2, U3, V30) sd card which can easily write 4k, but the phone wont save to the sd card. This is very annoying and renders the 4k useless in my opinion.