Join now - be part of our community!

Lock screen PIN changed by itself (Can't access personal data)

franp
Visitor

Lock screen PIN changed by itself (Can't access personal data)

Hello, 

My Xperia XA ran out of battery yesterday and turned itself off, when I was able to start charging the phone it turned on and kept saying incorrect PIN when I used the same PIN I've always used on this phone. I've tried multiple methods to figure this out but ultimately I am absolutely sure what my PIN is supposed to be and the phone won't accept it. 

Sadly I didn't think to connect this phone to a Sony Account for the "Find my phone" service which could've been able to bypass the lockscreen and I don't have MTP mode enabled so I can't transfer my personal data from the phone to do a hard reset without losing everything.

I think my only option is to forget all about my personal files, contacts, and messages to do a hard reset and regain function of my phone but I was hoping there could be another option?

Maybe something through recovery mode? Or if there have been cases of the phone changing the lockscreen PIN by itself if it changed to something in specific? Or even if this might be a bug?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Squeaks12345
Visitor

The same thing has just happened to my boyfriends sony phone!!!! What kn earth is he meant to do if he doesnt have find my phone???

Sirigj9
Visitor

I have the same problem but cant use the companion software because it requires the phone to be unlocked.... How can i unlock it when it wont accept my pin code?