Join now - be part of our community!

NEW phone locked with Pin (screen lock)

sibylle1
Visitor

NEW phone locked with Pin (screen lock)

Hi,
I bought an Xperia XA1 today and switched it on for the first time and I cannot unlock the phone cause it's asking for a pin number (like when you have screen lock enabled) which is super odd cause I just bought it. So the phone is completely useless right now cause I can't access it. 

Usually you should be able to use smartphones even without a sim card, right?
I hope anybody can help me. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Bobble27
Visitor

I'm only guessing but it sounds like one of two things 

Either the phone is not actually new and is still set up with someone else's pin etc, in which case you need to take it back (was the box sealed when you got it?) 

Alternatively do you have some form of mobile rescue set up? In which case you'll need that pin. 

Good luck 

sibylle1
Visitor

No, no mobile rescue or anything like that. I was starting the phone for the first time.
Well, when I got it from the store it was in it's original box, but now that you mention it I can't remember the box was actually sealed. It could be that they used it for display in the store and somebody played around with it but I don't know.. I think I'm just gonna call the store tomorrow. Probably I need to exchange it. 

Thanks a lot for your guessing! Upside-down_Face 

Bobble27
Visitor

Hope you get it sorted. Fingers crossed. 

Jonas
Master

Hi @sibylle1, welcome to our forum!

In can see that you wrote that you are going to contact the retailer that sold you the device and that is the best option, since there is no screen lock on our devices from the start, you will have to set your own either in the start up guide or later on in the Settings menu of the phone.

To remove the screen lock, I'd recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will delete all data that is stored on the internal storage of the phone and at the same time remove the screen lock.

Keep us posted on how it went! Slightly_smiling_Face