Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 Fingerprint Reader and Battery Stats

TomW1
Visitor

Android 10 Fingerprint Reader and Battery Stats

The Android 10 update has somehow affected the fingerprint detection. On Android 9, it was always fast, no matter if I unlocked my phone with the screen deactivated or from the lockscreen. Now, however, the fingerprint reader is very slow when trying to unlock the phone while the screen is deactivated. When I activate the screen beforehand and unlock the phone from the lockscreen, everything works just fine. It would be great if that could be fixed.

Another small thing: When I go into the battery settings, the battery statistics are missing. I cannot see how much battery different apps have consumed.

41 REPLIES 41
Manar1261
Visitor

Same with me. Have you noticed that face detection no longer works?

TomW1
Visitor

You're right. Face unlock seems to be gone completely, or I just can't find it.

Rudinski
Visitor

+1

Exact same symptoms + some apps not working + occasional freezing like keyboard not appearing or drop down menu not opening.

MrMilan
Visitor

I have the same problem with fingerprint reader, but I partially resolved when I switch off "Adaptive Battery". It seems that is the problem on the Sony device because my friend with Pixel has not this problem.

Manar1261
Visitor

There is also, if you realize; that we immediately lost the one hand mode since Android 8.

I expected Sony to fix this, but didn't have it at all.

andili
Visitor

One hand mode is working for me since Android 8 without any problems. Do you have switched it on under Settings-System-Gestures and...-One Hand Mode?

Manar1261
Visitor

I did.

I did this on my xz2 and the XZ3. But it does not work.

I do not know for what reason in this case!

Asgard93
Visitor

Hello, i have the same issue with the fingerprint reader. ( XZ2 compact )

The sensor must be touched several times. Sometimes i have to stay pressed for several long seconds to unlock the phone.

In short, with this version of android 10, the sensor cannot be used.

Slightly_frowning_Face

Bugzke
Visitor

Same issue with the fingerprint reader here...