Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 Fingerprint Reader and Battery Stats

TomW1
Visitor

Android 10 Fingerprint Reader and Battery Stats

The Android 10 update has somehow affected the fingerprint detection. On Android 9, it was always fast, no matter if I unlocked my phone with the screen deactivated or from the lockscreen. Now, however, the fingerprint reader is very slow when trying to unlock the phone while the screen is deactivated. When I activate the screen beforehand and unlock the phone from the lockscreen, everything works just fine. It would be great if that could be fixed.

Another small thing: When I go into the battery settings, the battery statistics are missing. I cannot see how much battery different apps have consumed.

41 REPLIES 41
andili
Visitor

@Manar126 wrote:

I did.

I did this on my xz2 and the XZ3. But it does not work.

I do not know for what reason in this case!

ok, strange. and did you push the Home button and swiped to one side? Just to be sure you're also using it the right way. Winking_Face

Manar1261
Visitor

Yes I did before. And I haven't stopped doing it with each update to see if it works. But it does not work
Screenshot_20200107-180833.png

JohnJennings
Visitor

I have the same problem with the fingerprint sensor being unresponsive (when waking from locked)

Teizza
Visitor

I have also this fingerprint reader problem. Please Sony, fix this ASAP!

Manu07
Visitor

Same problem here with the fingerprint reader... Really hope sony will send an update in the next few days. 

SevanM
Visitor

Hello,

I too turned off the "Adaptative battery" parameter and it indeed went better, but the experience with the fingerprint sensor is nowhere near what it was before the update, I am talking about version 10 (52.1.A.0.532).

So I too expect Sony to fix this one asap Winking_Face

Bye

Yekollu
Contributor

This was Google's decision

profile.country.FR.title
juliengarrigue
Explorer

What about if you reset your phone?

Asgard93
Visitor

I have tested an a old xz2 compact, the reset and restore of android....  The fingerprint bug stay....  ☹️

Manar1261
Visitor

Finally, it is not only the fingerprint reader system that malfunctions. We also lost other comforts. Small but important