Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 for XZ2 Compact H8314 in US - Verizon

CrimpOn
Visitor

Android 10 for XZ2 Compact H8314 in US - Verizon

Have followed (with dismay) the reports of issues with Android 10 for XZ2 Compact "dual SIM" model.  My phone is now urging update to Android 10 for the H8314 (one SIM, US Verizon).

Can anyone report on their results of updating the H8314 to 52.1.A.0.618?  Although my focus is on Verizon, I realize the H8314 is sold world wide.

4 REPLIES 4
Gingerrogers
Visitor

If you haven't updated to the Android 10 don't do it it's been a nightmare since I updated mine I can't see photos etc without turning mobile data on which eats up the data

CrimpOn
Visitor

Oh, crap. And you are on Verizon?  The phone reminds me several times a day.

Gingerrogers
Visitor

I'm on Verizon it also stalls whenever I'm typing on any product chrome, text, messenger, way around it I figured out is to hit the arrow to get the keyboard to relocate and then the cursor will start to flash again its a nitemare and I haven't even tried using the microphone or photos that I already have stored on my phone I've heard a bunch of issues with those if you decide to update I would pull your photos off first like onto a SD card that you can use on a laptop etc dont leave the SD in your phone when you update I've heard of problems I left mine and I'm scared to check it photos are a big thing to me I had some family members and friends who are no longer with us 

CrimpOn
Visitor

This situation just gets "worse and worse."  There's a user on another forum who claims to have a way to "Go Back" to Android 9 without rooting the phone (which destroys Sony DRM).  Once he posts all the instructions, I may go for it.  All my photo's are saved to Google, but the usability things people are posting are just terrible!