Join now - be part of our community!

Android 9 Dark Mode

SOLVED
Zadatta
Visitor

Android 9 Dark Mode

So i've been reading about the new dark mode which should be in Android 9.

For some reason it's missing on the xz3. Is there a way to still turn this on? Or otherwise a way to get the sony developers to put it back in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hello everyone, I apologize for the late reply!

Currently, Xperia devices running Android Pie do not support Dark mode. We cannot comment on plans to implement Dark mode in the future. However, individual third-party apps can still support Dark mode.

Note! Sony does not warrant or guarantee the performance of any third-party applications. Neither does Sony warrant or guarantee the performance of content downloaded or acquired in other ways through such applications. Similarly, Sony is not responsible for any damage or reduced performance of your device attributable to the transfer of third-party content.

I hope that answer your questions and I will of course forward all your feedback regarding this! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
tanaka44
Visitor

can we use Android 9 dark mode in xz3?because xz3 have oled display,dark mode   is powerful tool.

lnverting color is not cool.please correspond dark mode.Face_with_cold_Sweat

kragoth
Visitor

Dark mode only for contact and message in last december patch 52.0.A.3.126

the phone become faster and more smooth

Ibnpetr
Visitor

@NEO2000 wrote:

Dark mode only for contact and message

How to enable it for contacts? I only was able to use it for messages.
BTW In messages it is more like "grey mode", not pure black, what would be the best option, imho.

Daveyjb121
Visitor

Is there not a dark mode for xz3 as can not have google discovery in dark mode otherwise

profile.country.AT.title
skycamefalling
Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no system-wide dark mode. Some individual apps can be set to dark background, but that's it.

I'm also waiting for this, especially with the OLED-screen it would save battery. 

GOGO771
Visitor

Bylo by dobré kdyby sony v dalších aktualizací dalo tmavi režim. 

It would be good if Sony in the next updates gave the dark mode.

gt

Daveyjb121
Visitor

The is system wide under developers settings there's night mode opition and can be toggled on or off ,but it seems like even if you toggle it on or off makes no difference so why  have the option but not surport the opition Google feeds stay white the should be grey if night mode on developers settings is on and quick settings should go white if it's set for off , the settings is there but not surported 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Night mode and dark mode are worlds apart.

Dark mode needs no explanation.

Maybe it is interesting on an OLED screen to save power.

Night mode could do by renaming it to twilight mode.

Night mode filters the blue out of the white which makes the screen more yellowish and peacefull for the eyes.

I have night mode switched on all day.

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone, I apologize for the late reply!

Currently, Xperia devices running Android Pie do not support Dark mode. We cannot comment on plans to implement Dark mode in the future. However, individual third-party apps can still support Dark mode.

Note! Sony does not warrant or guarantee the performance of any third-party applications. Neither does Sony warrant or guarantee the performance of content downloaded or acquired in other ways through such applications. Similarly, Sony is not responsible for any damage or reduced performance of your device attributable to the transfer of third-party content.

I hope that answer your questions and I will of course forward all your feedback regarding this! Slightly_smiling_Face