Join now - be part of our community!

Android 9 Dark Mode

SOLVED
Zadatta
Visitor

Android 9 Dark Mode

So i've been reading about the new dark mode which should be in Android 9.

For some reason it's missing on the xz3. Is there a way to still turn this on? Or otherwise a way to get the sony developers to put it back in?

27 REPLIES 27
thesonykid
Visitor

Why would Xperia not support dark mode?  Thinking about sending my phone back and getting a different one.  This is a major issue.  But seriously why no dak mode?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Sony announced  when updates will arrive.

You will have to be patient for a short while.

Dark mode will arrive as well.

Jonas
Master

Hi @thesonykid, I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation.

In Android 10 you have a system wide dark mode that you can activate. The Android 10 update started rolling out a few days ago, so I hope you have received it and if you haven't received it yet, it should be available soon.

profile.country.IT.title
batregna
Explorer

Hi,

android 10 is not still arrived for xz3 e so no dark mode 😞

Have you a news for android 10 e dark mode??

thanks

Jonas
Master

Hi @batregna74,

Android 10 is available for the most customizations of the Xperia XZ3, so if you still haven't received it, you will just have to wait and you can then enable the system wide darkmode.

DevonRed
Visitor

My XZ3 has just updated to Android 10. It has gone in to dark theme. How do I turn ut off?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@DevonRed 

Goto settings and type 'dark', you will find the setting 'dark theme'

DevonRed
Visitor

Thanks for the reply @strampke. I could find nothing in settings. However Stamina mode was on and this starts dark mode automatically. So turned off Stamina and sll good.