Join now - be part of our community!

Android Pie Gestures

SOLVED
TheSireLeroy
Visitor

Android Pie Gestures

Hi, 

Just updated to Android Pie but I'm missing the gestures control. 

Anyone knows if this will be added in a future update? 

Regards 

67 REPLIES 67
Kockarche
Visitor

I think the best possible solution is to make two options for choosing in settings menu - the old style with back button and the new gesture method. But definitely you should bring back the dark theme. The easiset way for Sony is to leave their cellphones with Android One (pure Android) with all capabilities and two years full support. Why you bother to delete such awesome features.

Sivasaianirudh
Visitor

Pouting_Face the same comment has been posting since past 5-6 month. .Even now u people are saying the same ... Even though we bought flagship mobiles.. We can't get them. Now we got irritating day by day.. Still haven't got full pie update yet to sony Xperia-XZ2 . 😩😢😩😩 And you are saying to wait until we get it. This is absolutely disgusting and disappointing for sony xperia fan base 

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

@Madbear, sorry to hear that. Slightly_frowning_Face

As @diogosimoes4321 wrote, the Xperia 1, Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus have gesture navigation, but not the device updated to Android Pie, or Xperia XZ3 that was launched with Android Pie.

I will of course forward your thoughts on this as feedback!

@Kockarche, that is how it works in the newly released devices, Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus and the soon to be released Xperia 1. You have the option to turn off gesture navigation if you don't like it, and use the "normal" style navigation, with the three buttons.

Regarding dark mode, this is currently not available but I'll make sure to forward your feedback about this as well and for how long a device is supported from our side when it comes to software, we aim to support all premium range devices with the latest Android OS updates for two years after the device has launched.

@Anirudh30981, I try and always respond to the new users that post in this thread and in other threads just to let me them know that I continue to forward the feedback, but I can't make any promises that there will be a change as I'm not personally responsible for this.

I doubt it has something to do with a device being a flagship model or not, since the new mid range devices (Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus) has this feature, so it has to do with something else, but I don't know exactly what the reasoning is, and I can understand that you are other users are disappointed not having this feature.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback and have an awesome Thursday!

mindok
Visitor

Dear Sony Xperia Support,

just writing another comment about fullscreen navigation gestures missing from my XZ1 Compact Pie.

Really, it's sad when we compare my XZ1c with 4.6" screen and my friend's iPhone SE with 4" screen, and because of this thick navigation bar I have literally the same useful space on the screen...

Please do bump this feature request to the dev team.

Thank you!

Hip5hooter
Visitor

Gesture navigation on Xperia 1 is useless, it takes away the privelidge of having a full screen.

I'm selling this and going back to Huawei who listen to their customers and do great phones 👍🏻

Qwerek
Visitor

I've just bought xz2 compact and would have never thought it will be missing such a basic feature as GESTURES. We have a 2019 Sony.  Android pie has it my wife's company Huawei low cost model has it. So it didn't crossed mine mind that Xz2 will be stripped of this basic UI feature. Luckily for me I can just return this phone.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Hip5hooter, sorry to hear you feel this way.

Is there anything you are missing with the gesture navigation and what can be improved? No device is perfect and there is always room for improvement and customer feedback is extremely important to us!

Please do elaborate a bit and I will make sure to forward your feedback, thank you.

@Qwerek, In the Xperia XZ2-series, gesture navigation is has not been added, but there has been a lot of comments about this and I have forwarded all the feedback and I'll continue to do so.

Our devices released in 2019 have gesture navigation, but that does of course not help you, but I wanted to let you know!

CarSaba
Visitor

#Xperia XZ2 Compact

I rally hope in, at least, the opportunity to choose between the 3 methods for the nav bar with android 10.

The "latest" full display gestures (and not only the 2 buttons navbar) of Android 10 will be a good waimy to recover space in the display in smartphone like my Compact.

I presume that it has sense and it would be logic to optimize space specially in smaller displays.

Tags (1)
Jonas
Master

@CarSaba, welcome to our community!

I hope so as well and we'll see what options will be available when Android 10 is released for our Xperia devices! Slightly_smiling_Face

tataarujin
Visitor

I really hope that gestures and NavPill will land on my XA2 Plus as well. Seems like a nice feature.