Join now - be part of our community!

Android Pie Gestures

SOLVED
TheSireLeroy
Visitor

Android Pie Gestures

Hi, 

Just updated to Android Pie but I'm missing the gestures control. 

Anyone knows if this will be added in a future update? 

Regards 

67 REPLIES 67
SidharthSingh
Visitor

It is missing in mine as well, how can Sony do that. 

Fabio1997
Visitor

I update my phone to Android 9 Pie. And I go to put on this new feature, but I don't see it. My model is H8216. That feature must be here, in the system section on settings(check the photos) But it don't be. (Sorry for my english, I'm Spanish)Screenshot_20181209-211715.png

Screenshot_20181209-211707.png

RuneJ
Contributor

This question have been asked and answered many times in this forum, please do a search.

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone! Slightly_smiling_Face

I'm sorry for the late reply in regards to all your questions about gesture navigation.

As some of you have already noticed, we currently have not included gesture navigation in Android Pie, and cannot comment on future plans to add it. However, we will continue to listen to customer feedback and endeavor to evolve Xperia smartphones based on their needs.

I will make sure to forward everyone's feedback regarding gesture navigation! Slightly_smiling_Face

Chris9991
Visitor

Yes, Sony, please add gestures in coming update! it is essential to use the screen efficiently. Normal task bar uses up too much space. 

Thanks 

Tags (2)
Tre1300
Visitor

Hey guys, see my post in the link.

It is a healthy alternative and works great.

/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Navigation-gestures-added-for-Android-pie/m-p/1355710#M5520

Jonas
Master

Hi @Chris9991, I'll make sure to forward your feedback as well! Slightly_smiling_Face

@Tre1300, that's a good alternative, thank you so much for posting this! As always, be very careful when using ADB unless you are 100% sure that you know what you are doing. That goes more for the others users and not you though! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a great day to the both of you.

profile.country.DE.title
lukas321

In my opinion its not essential! its a nice to have feature that should be optional. but i understand that many are looking for this new feature.

whats more important is that Sony has not completely implemented night mode in ui nor you can use the all white option. dev settings are there but have no effect. it looks like someone got fired during work when he has not finished it. Why the **bleep** should i use night mode in daylight and i'm not allowed to chnage it to complete white ui like in Pixel 3 or AOSP as google intended it?

Abdullah112
Visitor

We need gestures

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry for the late reply. I have been out of office due to vacation.

@z3c_user, you are correct. Not everyone is interested in gesture navigation but a lot of users seems to have been looking forward to it!

Regarding the night mode, do you mean a totally black theme/skin, that can also be changed to different colours?

@Abdullah112, I will make sure to forward your feedback! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a nice day!