Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth codec stuck on SBC

sgiesen78
Visitor

Bluetooth codec stuck on SBC

First of all, kudos to Sony for the XZ3. For the world's best OLED screen and the most beautiful Sony phone yet.

My Bluetooth codec is stuck on SBC. I am using the in-ear Sony WF-1000X. AAC not possible. No matter what I try (tried to turn on Priority on Sound Quality in the Headphones Connect App).

I am coming from the Sony Xperia XZ and there it worked ....

Android 9 Problem? Anybody in here who has fixed this or connected by using LADAC or AAC ???

32 REPLIES 32
sgiesen78
Visitor

still no solution ...

Anybody in here with similiar problems? Or anybody in here having conncted successfully via SBC or LDAC?

FranekH
Visitor

I've got similar issue on my XZ2, after update to Android Pie.

My wf-1000x headset always connects with SBC, there is no way to switch to AAC. 

Before the update, on Android Oreo it was working fine, was always using AAC. 

unface
Visitor

After updating to Android Pie, I also faced a same problem on my XZ2C. My wf-1000x is always connected to the SBC. I've tried to solve like factory reset, developer option etc. But still no solution. Before updating, it worked well on Oreo.

So, I think Sony's Android Pie has serious problem about bluetooth codec.

Sethuna
Visitor

OK so I bought my new XZ3 a couple of days ago. Today I tried to see if I have the same problem. Long story short, I didn't.

I paired my XZ3 and my WI-H700 through NFC and when I opened Sony's 'Headphones' app the connection was already set to LDAC. 'Best effort' LDAC to be particular. To double check this I also opened the Music app, went to audio settings and it also showed my connection was using LDAC. I also triple checked it by trying to change music profiles in the 'Headphones' app and it didn't let me. That also shows I was using LDAC. So I couldn't replicate the problem, sry man. My guess is that there is a software mishap between your particular Bluetooth headphone (!) and Android Pie. I believe an update can fix it. Be sure to submit a bug report straight to Sony cause I don't think they look at the forum. 

sgiesen78
Visitor

How can I submit a bug report straight to Sony?

Sethuna
Visitor

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I connected my MDR-EX750BT direct through Bluetooth and the notification tells me it is connected in LDAC, as this model isn't supported by the headphones app, I suspect that might be where the issue is.

Can your headphones connect direct to the xz3? Without the app?screenshot_20181017-180452.png

sgiesen78
Visitor

yes, I tried both ways, no success

Alessio_841
Contributor

Why notification pane (shade) doesn't change to white with light themes?

Sethuna
Visitor

@Alessio_84 wrote:

Why notification pane (shade) doesn't change to white with light themes?

Wrong thread mate. Open a new topic.