Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth codec stuck on SBC

sgiesen78
Visitor

Bluetooth codec stuck on SBC

First of all, kudos to Sony for the XZ3. For the world's best OLED screen and the most beautiful Sony phone yet.

My Bluetooth codec is stuck on SBC. I am using the in-ear Sony WF-1000X. AAC not possible. No matter what I try (tried to turn on Priority on Sound Quality in the Headphones Connect App).

I am coming from the Sony Xperia XZ and there it worked ....

Android 9 Problem? Anybody in here who has fixed this or connected by using LADAC or AAC ???

32 REPLIES 32
Reserven
Visitor

Have the exact problem with Bluetooth on mind. I think I Have too returen this Phone tomorrow. So frustration, none of my other Bluetooth devices work on this crap mobile. Ending up using my old Xperia and everything worked fine. 

Lukalumen
Contributor

My MDR-1000X connected with LDAC with no problem. The WF-SP700N connected with AAC, because they don't support LDAC.

There was a system update released yesterday, did you install it?

sgiesen78
Visitor

yep, I installed the system update. Nothing has changed ...

Lukalumen
Contributor

I would suggest to contact the Sony customer care service. Let us know what they say. 

I'd try a factory reset before that though. 

It seems very odd. 

Lukalumen
Contributor

I actually just noticed something, might be worth a try...

Settings > System > About phone > Build number, tap on it until you're a developer. Then go to System > Developer options and go down to Networking. There are a bunch of Bluetooth settings you can try and one is setting the default codec used.

Let me know if it helped. 

sgiesen78
Visitor

changing the codec in the developer options did not work ... I am in contact with Sony, as of now they don't have a solution. WH1000X MK3 should work in LDAC mode they told me... but don't want to sell and buy a new one...

Sethuna
Visitor

Try downloading Sony's Music Center app and Headphones app. Do the Bluetooth connection through there. It should work. Also, did you try establishing a connection with all these ways?

1) automatic connection

2) manual connection

3) NFC

sgiesen78
Visitor

No, it did not work. I bought the WH1000X MK3 and even with these cans no chance to put them into LDAC, I even reset my phone. It's stuck on SBC

Lukalumen
Contributor

Sorry to hear that, it's such a weird issue too, seems like something that should be a software issue.

Let us know how Sony handeled the situation and if you get a new headset.