Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth problem with file transfering Xperia XZ

corelus
Visitor

Bluetooth problem with file transfering Xperia XZ

I couldn't transfert some pictures with my Xperia XZ via bluetooth but it can pairs with other devices and the Bluetooth tethering works fine.
When I share a file via Bluetooth, it's always failed with "Connection unsuccessful" message. It cannot receive files from other paired devices also Rebooting or repairing device does not help.
This problem might happen after the last updates.

9 REPLIES 9
CameronT
Champion

Hi @corelus,

Welcome to the community.

What device are you trying to send the images to? Are you able to transfer to any other devices via bluetooth?

corelus
Visitor

Hi @CameronT
Thanks for your reply.
Actually i tried to send images to other smartphones (like Samsung, iPhone, Huawei, even to another Xperia like "Xperia M5 or X compac") and as well as to my HP-Laptop or my MacBook... and before install the last update of 20th March everything was okey and it has always perfectly worked, but now i can't transfert anything in bothsides, and the Funny in all of that is that my Logitech-MXMaster bluetooth mouse still working very well.
Thinking_Face it's really confusing.

xznewbie
Contributor

Hi, have you conducted diagnostic tests:About phone-->Diagnostics--->Tests--->wireless--->Bluetooth..? That will say if that facility is defective... 

CameronT
Champion

@corelus,

So it makes the connection fine and other devices will work via bluetooth when connected to the phone, it is only the data transfer that fails?

Does it do the same thing in safe mode?

corelus
Visitor

Yeah, that's my unique problem it's just the data transfer that fails

corelus
Visitor

@trashcan I've tested both of them but it says that everything is okey and works without any problems and here is a screenshot _20170411_005223.JPG

CameronT
Champion

@corelus,

Did you get a chance to test it in safe mode?

corelus
Visitor

Hi @CameronT, 

Yes i tested in safe mode but the result was the same: only the Data Transfer doesn't work. I was able to connect to other Bluetooth devices but i couldn't transfert anything as always. 

CameronT
Champion

@corelus,

Thinking_Face

Maybe it's the permissions. You can try resetting them. To do this go to Settings > Apps > 3 dots on the top right > Reset app preferences.

Please be aware that this process will reset all applications permissions so you will need to set them again next time you open them.

You can manually set permissions under Settings > Apps > [App you wish to change] > Permissions.