Join now - be part of our community!

Camera error

도연초
Visitor

Camera error

카메라어플 실행시 '알수 없는 오류' 메세지가 나오고

엑스페리아 컴페니언에서 복구 실행시 복구 오류가 납니다 카메라어플 빼곤 모든게 정상작동 합니다

When I run the camera app, I get an 'Unknown error' message

I am getting a recovery error when running recovery from XPERIA COMPILER. Everything works fine except camera application.

-GT

23 REPLIES 23
Sethuna
Visitor

My God, I have the same frustrating problem. It happened to me since the last update (along with a microphone problem) . The camera becomes unusable and I'm not talking only about the app but the camera in general. Can't use it on any social media apps, not even on the Xperia Tests in settings. I did 3 software repairs through the Xperia Companion app and it fixed the problem but only for a couple of days. After that the camera dies again, along with the flashlight (can't open that either.) This is what I get;Screenshot_20190417-045158.png

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @Sethuna

I am sorry to see you run into several problems.

You made the right choice by executing a software repair with Xperia companion.

In all cases you should test this unwanted behaviour also in safe mode.

Safe mode only loads the preinstalled apps, so your device will be basic without 3rd party apps.

One more remark.

To be certain that there is no 3rd party app interfering on your device, be sure to keep your machine clean.

Do NOT restore the backup.

Just install the most urgently needed apps.

Your device will reward you with speed and reliability.

If these steps give a negative result then indeed it is time to have your machine repaired.

Hope you'll find a solution and please share the outcome of your investigations with us.

Sethuna
Visitor

I've tested it on safe mode too but the problem persists. Now that I've normally restarted the device though, to exit safe mode, the camera and flashlight are able to be used. I don't know what to say about this, looks like it could be an error in the code written for the last security patch. Before that I didn't have any issues with the camera/flashlight. 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Is nooit likely that it is a software problem coming from the update our else there would be a lot of people complaining here.

Do try another software repair with Xperia companion and don't restore.

See how things are going.

profile.country.AT.title
skycamefalling
Contributor

It looks like some background task is claiming access to the camera and therefore no other app can connect to the module.

Do you happen to have any security- or theft-protection app installed? These are known to cause issues because they need to be deeply rooted in the system.

As @Strampke said, I don't suspect a problem with an update because then more users would have this issue (I don't, for example).
I also agree that it would be best to do another software repair and refrain from installing a backup. Only install the required apps and try for a few days.

It might also be hardware issue (a loose contact, for example) but you need to rule out an app problem first.

Sethuna
Visitor

I understand. If the error appears again I will do that. But, doesn't safe mode rule out the possibility of a third party app interfering? 

Snowxz3
Visitor

Me and my friend bought the Sony XZ3 at the same time. We both had problems with the camera almost at the same time. Are there any solutions to this problem?
I have tried factory reset, but nothing seems to work. (On the phone itself and through the Xperia Companion).

Mokona_Blue
Visitor

J ai eu le même problème depuis quelques jours, c'est apparemment d'un coup alors que ça photo fonctionnait très bien. 

J arrive juste à vérifier l appareil photo de devant dans les paramètres. 

Sony devrait se pencher sur le problème, cela devient récurrent 

I had the same problem for a few days, it is apparently suddenly when this photo worked very well.

I just get to check the front camera in the settings.

Sony should look into the problem, it becomes recurrent

gt

peedofftothemax
Visitor

I can use the camera once.  The next time I go to use it I get a unknown error message.  I have to restart the phone.  Then again I can only use the camera once.  i have reset the factory settings, still the same problem. I have done software repair, still the same problem.  I have only had the phone a couple of months.  it is ridiculous.