Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to wake not working properly

Brohken
Visitor

Double tap to wake not working properly

Set the phone up and everything is great but double tap to wake works 1 out of every 5 times. Definitely something is wrong there.

With the Sony launcher double tap to sleep works fine so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

I tested this with the stock Sony launcher and Nova enabled and both have the same issue.

This isn't my phone obviously, but this is similar to how my phone is behaving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukYtlqDww4

I tried it with the phone in my hand, and also laying flat on a table.
Tags (2)
144 REPLIES 144
Sunking1011
Contributor

I take that back, after a reboot the tap to wake is much improved. Not perfect but thus far a distinct improvement...
Sunking1011
Contributor

Nope, I was correct the first time. It took 16 double taps to wake my phone just then.
AntCW
Visitor

Hi guys, to give an update there is at least some hope things are getting looked into further for this issue. I posted on another thread to try and get the attention of another member of Sony support staff due to the frustration of no update on this thread from support staff and have had a response. This is the response I received:

'Christofer Christofer Sony Xperia Support
Nov 3
@92 Thank you! I've forwarded it internally.

@AntCW I understand your concern. My colleague Rickard has forwarded that internally and we are looking in to it. I'm afraid I don't have any news though but as soon as there are any news we will let you know in that topic. I will let your post remain in this topic but please try to avoid going off topic in the future. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions. smile happy'

Fingers crossed for official update that this relates to software!

Ant
Brohken
Visitor

Started this thread a month ago and still not even an acknowledgement from Sony that this is an issue. We have to hear about it from other users.

Not only that but the official case and dock isn't even available for a phone that's almost 2 months old.

What a joke. Sony doesn't care about us folks. Sad to say but this will be my last Xperia.

Free advice to the Xperia management team (if you still have a job in the next 2 years):

1. DONT COME OUT WITH NEW MODELS EVERY 6 MONTHS WITH 3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS

2. DITCH YOUR HORRIBLE NAMING CONVENTION

3. COMPETE DIRECTLY WITH GOOGLE PIXEL BY LIGHTLY SKINNING
ANDROID AND UPDATING IT AS FAST AS A NEXUS PHONE WOULD HAVE. GUATANTEE FAST UPDATES FOR 3 YEARS

4. KILL THE COMPETITION ON HARDWARE FEATURES. BE INNOVATIVE LIKE THE SONY WE ONCE KNEW

5. STOP WITH HE BLOATWARE. NOBODY WANTS TO USE YOUR "WHATS NEW" APP

6. OFFER A GLOBAL WARRANTY WITH A TEAM THAT ACTUALLY CAREs. STOP CHARGING PREMIUM PRICES IF YOU CANT OFFER PREMIUM SUPPORT LIKE APPLE.

7. MAKE A CAMERA THAT YOU CAN HONESTLY SAY YOU'RE PROUD OF. WE'RE ALL TIRED OF SAMSUNG BEING ABLE TO TAKE MUCH BETTER PICTURES WHEN THEY BUY YOUR SENSORS AND YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A GOOD CAMERA DIVISION. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS IS STILL A THING WITH YOU SONY

Sorry for ranting. Just pissed off that this company used to be so good and now is a lazy shell of its former self.

profile.country.GB.title
oatdec
Explorer

It's page 10 and still no word from sony?

Sunking1011
Contributor

I think it's a hardware fault because when my phone is cold the double tap to wake feature doesn't work at all, even after a hundred taps. Usually, when the screen has *just* been switched off the double tap to wake works perfectly but the longer you leave the screen off the harder it is to wake it and in cold weather, forget it.
PatQQ
Visitor

Can we please get an answer from SONY?

We all really like to know what the problem is and whether it's an software or hardware issue.

It's not a common issue! My friends just for a new XZ as well, i told them to test this feature, they too have this problem!

How many phones exaxtly comes with this fault. Please have this issue mark as critical and start looking into it!

Thank you

Totens
Visitor

I have this bug too. really TIRED of it. unconsistent double tap too wake up, looks like a dummy phone after spending too much on it.

feels like i wanna go back to my old Z3.

this tiny bug looks small but really irritating.

please do something SONY!!!!!
Ninni1
Visitor

Same here.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

There are already suggestions given by a Sony Service Center, I tried this on my Xperia XZ, and it works fine if you tap on the center of the screen., let us be patient on the upcoming updates