Join now - be part of our community!

Forget screen pin code

profile.country.GB.title
Shabeer-Shareef
Explorer

Forget screen pin code

Hello all 

A couple of days ago I changed my xperia xz2 compact pin code required after restart the device. Now I forget the pin code and can't unlock the screen after restart. The main issue is that the date is changed in my cellphone and I can not erase my device through Google. Someone plz help me. Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Shabeer-Shareef
Explorer

I do not forget  my Google password. 

I forget my device pin code required after restart. 

profile.country.GB.title
Shabeer-Shareef
Explorer

Here I'm confused a little. 

That, if I will change my Google password then how my device data will be erased and device will be reset? 

Plz explain 

profile.country.GB.title
Shabeer-Shareef
Explorer

I've successfully installed the xperia companion software on my lap top. 

But now one more issue is started,

My xperia xz2 compact is not connecting with laptop via USB. 

What should I do now please? 😢

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

That phone will have  Factory Reset Protection (FRP) so you will need your Google account information to be able to reset the phone.

Without that, you have a brick, no matter what you do.

You will need the username and password of the Google account that set up the phone from new.

If you enter the wrong code, so many times it used to take you to a forgot details screen, but I'm sure you have to use recovery mode now for a factory reset.

Pretty sure its Hold volume up, and power down till the phone boots its logo then let go, and it should boot into recovery.

Then you want to reset the device, and on start up you have to enter your Google details, and the phone should be reset.

Mind you, it will be like new, and everything will be lost.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Shabeer-Shareef  please follow the advice from @RottenFoxBreath , but as far as I know, xperia does not have a recovery mode. It is boot mode or something like this.

alexdon