Join now - be part of our community!

Google Play Protect not found in Play Store

SOLVED
kaustubhjavle
Visitor

Google Play Protect not found in Play Store

I recently bought a new Sony Xperia XZ Premium.

The phone is working absolutely fine, however, I am not able to find or to be honest, the new Google Play Protect option is not available in the Play Store directly.

I have checked and found that the Google Play Protect is available and can be seen in the Google Settings. However, in Play Store where the Play Protect Scan is usually available in all the other latest android phones, in my XZ Premium it is not available.

Kindly check and let me know if this is only at my end or in any of the other devices as well.

And of course, need solutions.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

what's the version of Play Store app on your device? if you open Play Store, go to the app's settings and scroll to the bottom there should be a version number. mine is 8.1.73, for example. you can also try tapping the version number to see if there are any updates for the Play Store app available.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

I can see it in the My Apps section. perhaps it's a server side switch.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@kaustubhjavle

If you are unable to find it, you should contact Google directly. 

kaustubhjavle
Visitor

I have posted the said query of mine on google play forums as well, however, people there do not seem to be interested in replying at all. Slightly_frowning_Face

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

what's the version of Play Store app on your device? if you open Play Store, go to the app's settings and scroll to the bottom there should be a version number. mine is 8.1.73, for example. you can also try tapping the version number to see if there are any updates for the Play Store app available.
kaustubhjavle
Visitor

Aah yes,

My play store app version is still 8.1.30.

But when i tap on it, it is showing that the play store is up to date.

Any way to force update the play store?

shichibukai
Visitor

You can find an alternative app or web