gyroscope

The problem of my device ( xz2p) is exactly what the video below describes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPWnXeaouI

Is there a way to solve this????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darksteel165
Visitor

I watched video and have no idea what's going on. 

Based on what you said though. Have you tested the Gyro?

To to settings->support->Xperia tests->sensors->gyroscope and see if it can pass. If it doesn't you might need to do a software repair via the Xperia companion app (on a computer) 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Darksteel165
Visitor

What is the problem? A video link to some foreign county's video doesn't tell me. 

Gilvanio
Visitor

When I put my device on a desk, for example, the gyroscope goes crazy like the video suggests; try to watch the video and you will understand what I´m trying to tell you.

Darksteel165
Visitor

I watched video and have no idea what's going on. 

Based on what you said though. Have you tested the Gyro?

To to settings->support->Xperia tests->sensors->gyroscope and see if it can pass. If it doesn't you might need to do a software repair via the Xperia companion app (on a computer) 

Gilvanio
Visitor

yes, I`ve already tested and the software repair didn´t work...I gave up...I´m selling the phone ....I will try the xz3 ...rs

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I still have no idea what gyroscope issue that video shows tbh.

profile.country.AT.title
skycamefalling
Contributor

I know what he means:

The gyroscope sensor in the phone is very sensitive, meaning it detects the slightest amount of tilting and changes from portrait to landscape mode or vice versa.

This results in annoying rotation of the screen even when it's not wanted, e.g. just by laying down the phone on the desk it may switch from portrait to landscape.

I found this annoying in the beginning too, however the sensitivity of the sensor has been reduced with updates, now I don't encounter this issue anymore.

I'd advise Gilvanio to look for the latest firmware update and see if it fixes the oversensitivity.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

AHH, thanks.

I thought that it was something to do with brightness looking at that video.

Gilvanio
Visitor

Thank you, I tried to explain but my English is not good. I updated my phone but the problem still exists. 

Tags (1)
profile.country.AT.title
skycamefalling
Contributor

I have the XZ3 and the problem is gone much better than it was before with software version 52.0.A.3.126.

You have the XZ2P, which software version is it currently?