Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones turn off

Marcaveli
Visitor

Headphones turn off

Hi. When i plug in my Headphones while listening music or playing a game, The Headphones work for about 3 seconds and then turn themselves off. Then The regular Phone loudspeakers turn on, even though the Headphones are still plugged in. What can i do? 

Thanks 

Marc

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi @Marcaveli,

Welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear about this, let's see if we can help resolve it.

Can you advise if the headphones you are using are the ones that came with the unit or are they third party?

And if they are third party do the ones that come with the unit work correctly and vice versa?

Please let me know.

Marcaveli
Visitor

Hi jake, Thanks for the Message. 

In fact I am using my old apple ipod headphones. 

When I just tried the headphones that came with the unit it actually worked. 

I'm sorry to say, but I really can't use the Sony headphones. They are so uncomfortable and I want to keep my good old apple headphones. 

I noticed, when I watch a YouTube video and then plug in the apple headphones, the video stops. Same with the Amazon music app. It stops as if I had removed the headphones. 

Can you please give me some advice? 

Thanks again. 

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

If this only occurs when using third party headphones then it is likely down to the PIN maybe not connecting to the 3.5 jack correctly.

You could try clearing out some application data to see if it is software orientated however if that does not work, you may need to replace the current headphones you are using as they don't seem 100% compatible.

Apps > Settings > Apps > Smart Connect > Storage > Clear Data

Let me know how you get on.

J13W
Visitor

Hi.

When none of the suggested actions work to get 3rd party headphones to work properly..which headphones do function with XZ..? Apart from Sonys, I mean. This I´m very anxious to find out.

Thx.

Jerem95
Visitor

Hello, 

I have the same issue. 

It only occurs when i use headphones with remote, but when i use regular headphones, it works. 

My headphones work with my Sony Xperia Z1 but the issue comes with my Sony Xperia XZ. 

This is the last time I buy a sony phone... High price and we can't even use headphones from other brands... 

SputNex
Visitor

Hi Marcaveli,

I wanted to help you clear out this issue. I have experienced this from my Z5 Premium Dual. The main issue here is that the headphone jack port itself gets loose, thats why it cannot detect the 3.5mm jack from headset. For the first time that Ive sent my phone to the local repair shop, they've just adjusted and corrected the headphone jack port. So the phone was returned to me and worked fine. After 1 month again of using, the issue comes back. I've sent it again for repair and this time they replaced the headphone jack port itself. There is a work around, wherein, you can just use the application soundabout in playstore. 

You can try this if it works also and see the difference:

While the headphone jack is connected, press the lower front part of the phone under the headphone jack port and see if it detects the phone. I hope this helps you to solve your issue. Might as well send it to the local repair shop.