Join now - be part of our community!

How to keep display on when watching YouTube

SDR1970
Contributor

How to keep display on when watching YouTube

When using screen mirroring content on to my TV? A few weeks back I managed to stumble across a setting to keep display on, but just recently I have had to do a factory reset on my device, and I can't remember where I found the setting. Any help would be appreciated guys.
5 REPLIES 5
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @SDR-1970,

It sounds like the Stay awake settings you can find under: Settings > Developer options > Stay awake.

If you don't have developer options enabled you can do that by going to: Settings > About phone > Then tap Build number until it says you are a developer.

Let me know how it works out for you!

SDR1970
Contributor

Hi Emil, I tried your suggestion but after 30 seconds the display goes to sleep mode.
Emil
Enthusiast

For this setting to work your device will need to be connected to a charger, I'm sorry if this was unclear in my previous post.

Can you try again with you phone connected to a charger and see if the screen still goes in to sleep mode?

SDR1970
Contributor

Still goes into sleep mode even when on charge
Emil
Enthusiast

I see, can you try and reboot your device to safe mode to see if this may be caused by one of your downloaded apps as these will be temporarily disabled in this mode.

Let me know how it goes!