Join now - be part of our community!

Microphone doesn't work on handsfree

SOLVED
Hprl
Visitor

Microphone doesn't work on handsfree

When I use the Phone on speaker mode the microphone is turned off. Thus I have to turn speaker mode of to reaktivate the microphone. In other words the phone works like a walkie talkie, which is no good when you drive or for other respons needs to have both hands free.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hprl
Visitor

@Hprl wrote:

@Hprl wrote:

@nolramlb wrote:

does this happen when you are on voice calls or when you are using apps like Skype or other video chat apps?

Hi, this happens on voice calls. I haven´t tested how it works with Skype and is currently running in safe mode. I´ll test Skype when I´m back in running mode.

I have now tested Skype, and it's the same: When I activate the loudspeaker in the app, it seems the microphone is deactivated. Quite odd and very unconvenient...

This turned out to be a hardware issue. Sony had to replace some of the components, and now it works nicely. Thanks for all tips. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Hprl

does your phone has a protective film or glass that might be activating MUTE? 

test it in >>> safe mode and report back.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

does this happen when you are on voice calls or when you are using apps like Skype or other video chat apps?

Hprl
Visitor

@nolramlb wrote:

Hi, this happens on voice calls. I haven´t tested how it works with Skype and is currently running in safe mode. I´ll test Skype when I´m back in running mode.

Hprl
Visitor

@uliwooly wrote:

@Hprl

does your phone has a protective film or glass that might be activating MUTE? 

test it in >>> safe mode and report back.

Hi, no my phone is clean as it came out of the box. Running in safe mode didn´t work either.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Hprl

That's rather odd, what if you repair the phone with XC and report back

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Hprl
Visitor

@Hprl wrote:

@nolramlb wrote:

I have now tested Skype, and it's the same: When I activate the loudspeaker in the app, it seems the microphone is deactivated. Quite odd and very unconvenient...

Hprl
Visitor

@Hprl wrote:

@Hprl wrote:

@nolramlb wrote:

This turned out to be a hardware issue. Sony had to replace some of the components, and now it works nicely. Thanks for all tips. 🙂