Join now - be part of our community!

Multiple problems with the XZ Premium

Nate4
Visitor

Multiple problems with the XZ Premium

I have had multiple dramas since switching from Samsung to Sony xz premium. Firstly, the ringing volume and touch sensitivity have both been atrocious since purchase, as has the media volume. 

I often have to hit keys multiple times when typing (and yes, this is with clean hands/screen and no screen protector). With the ringing volume set as high as possible, I usually can't hear it from my pocket.

Recently, the volume up button refuses to respond 90% of the time, requiring reset or manual use of the volume slider after pressing volume down.

The phone is also randomly restarting a few times PER DAY!

I have a constant notification on the top bar stating that AVG is operating in the background and the only way to get rid of it is to force stop the app. 

When I receive a message, email or fb notification, I check it and exit, but the notification remains, as does the blue dot. 

The phone is only 2 months old, and as I said some of these problems have been here since I got the phone. I have performed a factory reset and despite carefully following the Xperia Companion directions, I had to attempt to backup data 3 times before it actually worked, and even then I still seem to have lost nearly all of my previous text messages (all but about 7 conversations are gone, including important business correspondence containing contact details 😡😡😡).

The problems still remain after the factory reset. 

If I don't receive a solution from Sony I intend to exchange the phone for the Galaxy s8, which I now regret not getting originally. I specifically got the Sony due to its supposed media superiority, but so far it has turned out to be an expensive lemon. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Nate4

As you already tried the factory reset, I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory, which makes it better than a simple reset.

AVG can be completely disabled rather than force stopping it on every restart.

If those problems persist even after the software repair, then you should contact your Local support and get your phone inspected by a professional. Actually, the volume button problem looks like a hardware issue and it might not get fixed by the software repair.

Nate4
Visitor

Thanks for the response, but after browsing through the various forums, it seems like many other people also have the same issue with the volume button. 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Nate4

Personally, I use 2 different XZ Premium phones and neither of them has this volume button issue.