Join now - be part of our community!

No phone connectivity

Abi32
Visitor

No phone connectivity

Hi 

I have had absolutely zero phone connection on my sony xperia xz1 for the past two months, no matter where I go. I tried everything sim card related, replaced the sim ect but nothing has worked. Is the problem with the phone itself? 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.US.title
Justoar
Explorer

Same issue on XZ3. Only around 40 minutes of network per day for the last 2 months. A Samsung a30s works relatively fine with 100dbms and Sony goes straight to "no service". In areas of 88dbms it doesn't come back. Tried that SIM on XZ3 phone with no luck. Tried Safe Mode, no luck.  I'm on latest 52.1.A.2.1. Same situation. Tried staying on 2G or only 3G and no luck. I believe this got bad with Android 10 since 52.1.A.0.618.

I remember they used to update baseband kernels on Z series some years ago. Please give us a better baseband. Was there a baseband change from .618 to .672?

Please help. Phone is useless. Thanks!

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You can start your search by checking the APN - access point names.

Two options

- automagic: goto settings -> system -> advanced -> reset options -> reset network settings. After that your SIM will get the correct APN settings from your provider.

- manual: goto settings -> network& internet -> mobile network -> advanced -> access point names -> tap the plus, lookup the correct settings on the website of your provider and fill in the correct values

profile.country.US.title
Justoar
Explorer

Hello,

Unfortunately, resetting network settings are restored fine but the problem persists. 

Manually, I was not able to save the APN with recommended settings because of a message that says "carrier does not allow adding APNs of type default"

Using the same SIM on a Samsung A30s let me save the configuration perfectly fine. 

There is some kind of problem with the APNs of the phone. What else can we do?

profile.country.US.title
Justoar
Explorer

Let me add...

I grabbed my old XZ1 (I'm a Sony Fan since X1), more APNs downloaded automatically when turned on, I can add APNs with no issues as I have on my XZ3 (Android 9 in there). Full signal.

Why I have this hard time with XZ3? Its outrageous. Its as if the phone does not allow certain APNs and they are not configured when turned on with SIM. How can I contact a Sony Xperia expert? Can we have access to someone?

I also tried using SIM2 slot. No luck at all.

Thanks for reading.

profile.country.US.title
Justoar
Explorer

Let me keed adding my findings...

Factory reset doesn't solves the problem.

Software repair doesn't solve the problem.

I could not downgrade to Android 9. I wasted all my day and its unsuccessful.

I'm now writing this on my old XZ1 on full signal. On this phone there are no issues. There is definitely some trouble with the baseband files to work with 2G/3G. As a lot of users have 4G+ i bet they dont mind. 

I would love to work with a Sony Technician to get this solved.

Thanks