Join now - be part of our community!

Phone dialer bug

ShashiB
Visitor

Phone dialer bug

Hi, I am facing an issue with my phone dialer after N update. Sometimes, when I tried to make calls from my contacts, the phone get hang and black screen comes out. Thereafter, I have to press the home button to comes back to home screen but if I again try to make call, it doesn't work till I restart the phone. This problem occurs several times and each time I have to restart my phone to resolve it. Please fix it or suggest a way to get rid of this.
8 REPLIES 8
Cathode
Visitor

+1 have this bug too
Jj791
Visitor

I have the same problem. It goes without rebooting. You have to take a call, and then it goes.

Xperia_z5
Visitor

I am also facing the same problem where my phone dialer stops responding and the screen goes black. I have to go to the phone dialer app in settings to restart it multiple times. This has been happening ever since i upgraded to android 7. Very annoying!! I am not sure if Sony is aware of this issue or not.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try to perform a software repair using Xperia companion

Luish77
Visitor

I have the same issue.
RahulSharan
Visitor

Whenever i dial a number my screen goes black and doesn't respond. Its so frustrating to see this happening when u want to make some urgent call and u cant even call up the person. Can anyone help? 

I reboot my fon after that amd only for the first time i could dial any number from my caller list and then again the dailer doesn't respond. 

Help needed. 

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

does this happen when you are on safe mode

try to perform software repair using Xperia Companion

Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @RahulSharan,

Welcome to the community,

Is it when you connect a call the screen goes black? I would recommend that check that you don't have anything like a screen protector blocking your proximity sensor. You can see where the sensor is located in the picture bellow. It is number 7.

ILL-SONY-16KA-FRONT-OVERVIEW-low

You can test how your sensor is working if you go to: Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Proximity sensor.

I'd also recommend that you as @nolramlb suggested your try and reboot your device to safe mode to see if this may be caused by one of your downloaded apps as they will be temporarily disabled in this mode.

Let me know how it goes!