Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
hedlites1
Visitor

I have just upgraded from my old Z3+ to the new XZ Premium and was wondering what happened to the ANT+ capability. I used my z3+ to record all my cycling and running activity using the Garmin ant+ sensors and only found out that my new phone doesn't have this facility when I went to register my ant+ sensors with the phone.

Does anyone know firstly why the Sony developers in their infinte wisdom removed this facility from the X series phones and is there a work around or am I going to have to bite the bullit and go and buy a Garmin Edge or equivalent at over £200.

Mark

profile.country.GB.title
tdauvillier
New

I personally use Bitdefender as my Antivirus... The "anti-theft" feature is pretty adavanced.

Of course, there is a web interface (accessible from anywhere on the web) from which you can manage/scan/locate/lock/ring/wipe all your devices on which Bitdefender is running. but there is more...

For instance you can:

- SMS Control: On the Android client, you can set up a "trusted" mobile numbers. Any SMS with specific command + a pin code that your phone receives from that specific number will act on the phone). for instance, you can send command such as LOCATE (send a SMS back with google map coordonates of the phone location), SCREAM, LOCK, WIPE, CALLME (establish a silent call between the two mobile so that you can secretly listen-in on what is going on with your device). If the Sim card is also replace in your phone, your trusted mobile number will receive a SMS with the details of the new sim card inserted in your device.

- Snap a picture with the front camera if there are too many failed unlock attempt.

You can also locks sensitive apps individually (requiring a pin code or fingerprint to open) and automatically not apply the lock when connected to a trusted Wifi (at home for instance).

Have a look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitdefender.security

J_Rod
Visitor

@KPW wrote:

Hello,

I'd appreciate if anyone can advise ...  I like to use a device as a music source in conjunction with a PC and to have it connected by USB for file transfer and charging.

While 'docked' in this way I'd like the ability to keep the XZ P screen lit, but cannot see an option to extend the Sleep time-out beyond the 30 mins ( Settings | Display | Sleep ).

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this please ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Kevin

.....   and of course, inspiration strikes 30 secs after posting....

It's under Developer Options | Stay Awake (Screen will never sleep while charging - Toggle button)

(Via Settings | About Phone; press seven times to activate Developer Options if not already done so)

Hope perhaps will be of use to someone else Smiling_Face_with_open_mouth_&_closed_Eyes

Keep tapping the build number in settongs>about phone to enable developer options and your setting will be in there. sketch-1498317772799.png

phazed
Visitor

How do I enable bluetooth dual audio?  It's part of the Bluetooth 5 spec, which the XZ Premium has.  The samsung galaxy s8 has it.  When I try to connect a second media device, it always disconnects the first one.  I've tried with two BT speakers and my Sony BT Alarm clock.

KPW
Visitor

Thank you J_Rod for adding the illustrations 🙂

Regards,

Kevin
Clink
Visitor

Hello will 480fps be a possibility in future updates? 

Cheers

KPW
Visitor

A (hopefully quick!) question for the Sony Reps and wider community...

The USB-C spec should incorporate the capability to supply both Analogue and Digital Audio, together with a Power Charging Bypass function.

I have so far tried the following USB-C adapters for both simple USB-C to 3.5mm audio and composite charging bypass without success:

USB-C to 3.5mm Audio Jack Adapter, ADTRIP 15cm

Belker Type C to 3.5mm Audio Headphone Stereo Adapter Connector

DISDIM 2 in 1 Type C to 3.5mm Audio Headphone Jack Adapter with Charger
Motorola Moto Z Connector Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Stereo Adapter Connector
None of these audio adapters seem to be recognised by the phone, either natively or by trying to force a connection using SoundAbout Pro.

Is anyone please able to advise any steps needed to enable or whether such capability has been successfully achieved with the XZ P ?

KPW
Visitor

A further, related query for the Sony Reps and also wider community:

On the Z5 P, also running Android N, there was an entry in Settings:

Settings | Device Connection | USB Connectivity

Enabling a 'manual' search and select for any attached USB device and I think ability to select from several and choose associated behaviours. On the XZ P, this seems to have been removed and there are just 'drop-down' notifications if you deliberately look for them (not particularly helpful/satisfactory).

Can anyone give a definitive answer as to the correct / intended behaviour on the XZ P and what (if any) ability is there for manual selection equivalent to the 'old' implementation ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Kevin

pattayakiller
Visitor

XZ premium WIFI problem , freeze in random time , not connected internet but the wifi signal still show normal

anyone meet this problem ?

Alias908
Visitor

On the Full Specifications for the XZ Premium the only Sat-Nav system mentioned is A-GNSS (GPS + GLONASS)  is there any other connectivity enabled?

Tags (1)