Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@Alias908 wrote:

Hiya, i was wanting to buy the dual sim version: G8142, but I'm concerned it will not work in the USA if I travel there? It's quad band so should work right?

Thanks

It will work in USA,

Many of our users with the phone are from the States.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@Ramto_8 wrote:

How does the headphone automatic optimisation detect the kind of headphone plugged in ? Thinking_Face

Detect the power drawn by the headphone ?

It does take some time to activate so does that mean that the phone "listen" to the headphone or analyse the music being played ?

Interestingly, it works by using the headphone as a microphone at the same time, this way it detects exactly what is audible through the headphone and optimises the sound to fit into that range.

This is why it takes a while to activate too, it needs a large range to Base it's results on. The better the range, the quicker it detects.

Ramto_8
Visitor

@Viridis wrote:

@Ramto_8 wrote:

How does the headphone automatic optimisation detect the kind of headphone plugged in ? Thinking_Face

Detect the power drawn by the headphone ?

It does take some time to activate so does that mean that the phone "listen" to the headphone or analyse the music being played ?

Interestingly, it works by using the headphone as a microphone at the same time, this way it detects exactly what is audible through the headphone and optimises the sound to fit into that range.

This is why it takes a while to activate too, it needs a large range to Base it's results on. The better the range, the quicker it detects.

Mmm interesting, so that means that i need to activate it while playing a song with lots of variations so that the optimizer can properly detect the headphone characteristics. If thats the case then maybe a pre-defined test audio with all variations should have been used.

Somehow strange that it can actually record from the headphone with no microphone but from what i found online it can be done! https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-earphones-as-a-microphone Thinking_Face

Is it best to have my headphone/earphone on me for the detection to work best ? (depends on shape of ear canal..)

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

1. Does the XZP have glove mode? 

2. Does it have the smart call handling? (shake to reject a call, place at ear to answer or flip the phone to mute the call)

3. Does it have the Mono sound option, in the Accesibility options?

4.Is the Object tracking good? (My sisters XA takes a bit blurry pics when tracking fast moving objects, and on my Z5 its horrible.)

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Lazaros_K wrote:

1. Does the XZP have glove mode? 

2. Does it have the smart call handling? (shake to reject a call, place at ear to answer or flip the phone to mute the call)

3. Does it have the Mono sound option, in the Accesibility options?

4.Is the Object tracking good? (My sisters XA takes a bit blurry pics when tracking fast moving objects, and on my Z5 its horrible.)

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. haven't tested the camera yet, but I would think it's probably been improved over Z5 and XA, seeing as Z5 is an over year old device, and XA is a midrange phone.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

4. It's better by far, but best results will still be using predictive capture instead, that way should it be blurry, you have others to choose from which won't be.

xavierwhso
Visitor

Can I use the USM32SA1 (32 GB flash drive with Type A &microUSB by SONY) with Xperia ZX Premium by using an microUSB to Type-C adapter?

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

What happens when you have the adaptive-smart charging on and charge the phone via the Quick Charger 3.0 provided with the XZP? Does it charge normaly? Does it charge faster and stop at 90%?

dpgx
Visitor

Any chance we get tap to wake even at an experimental level?  With the NA model not having a finger printer sensor it'd e nice to be able to wake the screen without always pressing the power button.

Läusert
Visitor

Hi,

after a few days the "Battery Care" (live in Europe) started when i charged the phone at night. Saying somethin like: "Battery Care : Fully charged at around 5am" (I usualy charge the phone  when in bed: 10pm to 6 am). It worked perfect. Now i had one week holiday and the charging time changed. (Went to Bed to different times) After 5 days, i returned to regular charging 10 - 6. But now, the Battery Care dosnt start anymore. I charged from 10 to 6 now for the last 7 days. Any suggestions?