Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
UchihaMinato
Visitor

Does pencil work on xperia xz premium just like it does on xperia z2??

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@UchihaMinato wrote:

Does pencil work on xperia xz premium just like it does on xperia z2??

I wouldn't count on that. I also believe you're talking about Z Ultra which had that feature, not Z2.

UchihaMinato
Visitor

I have xperia z2 D6502 and pencil works perfectly on it without even enabling glove mode

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@UchihaMinato wrote:

I have xperia z2 D6502 and pencil works perfectly on it without even enabling glove mode

I just looked it up and it seems that you were right, my bad. I've never heard of the Z2 having that feature. I just tried using pencil on XZP and unfortunately it didn't work.

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Läusert wrote:

Hi,

after a few days the "Battery Care" (live in Europe) started when i charged the phone at night. Saying somethin like: "Battery Care : Fully charged at around 5am" (I usualy charge the phone  when in bed: 10pm to 6 am). It worked perfect. Now i had one week holiday and the charging time changed. (Went to Bed to different times) After 5 days, i returned to regular charging 10 - 6. But now, the Battery Care dosnt start anymore. I charged from 10 to 6 now for the last 7 days. Any suggestions?

maybe the change in the charging schedule threw Battery Care off and it needs some more time to readjust? I'm just guessing, but it could be that it's waiting to "find out" if there are going to be more deviations in charging hours to accommodate to it.

Topixep
Visitor

Hi,

can you share information on sony xperia xz premium g lens type? Is't gorilla glass 5 @ sapphire crystal @ sapphire coated @ something else? 

I been looking for this information quite some time been never manage to find it on web. 

Thanks. 

WCYCSL
Visitor

I tried taking photos of the video but my predictive capture doesn't seem to work. Tried factory resetting the phone & immediately did the test again but still fail to get the predictive capture working. Predictive capture setting was on for both cases. What else can I do to get it work?

Nirai6
Visitor

Are you trying to use predictive capture when capturing photos while recording video?

Predictive capture works perfectly fine for me. It will work only when it detects motion.

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

as @Nirai6 said, predictive capture will only work when there's motion detected. it works fine for, say, cars going across the photo, but won't trigger when taking pics of landscape or portraits.

KingPavan
Visitor

Is there anyway that i can adjust iso and shutter speed at a time?

Other flagship phones can do that and they can also capture the star trails during the night