Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Stephm01
Visitor

Anyone having problems with the Sky go app on the XZ premium, getting sound but no picture

markmark1
Visitor

Yeap, same problem for me also.

Visitor

How to activate Displayport alt mode on the Xperia XZ premium?

hagatha
Visitor

We just received the XZ Premium and have a question about the micro SD card and speed..I contacted the support and they were not able to answer my question..basically we want to know does it support microSDXC II v60 and write at that speed? or would it need to be the microSDXC II v90 and write at that speed.. for 4K video? 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Any micro sd UHS1 U3 or above will do as long as it has a sustained write speed of over 10-15MB a second.(4k 60mbps bitrate = roughly 7.5mbps write required)

The UHS II cards are only really useful for faster pc transfer via a USB to SD UHS II reader as these cards have an extra row of pins that most devices don't even have on their sd ports, certainly no mobiles have them.

I personally am using a U3 v30 with no issues whatsoever with recording or playback of 100mbps+ hdr 4k files.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@Stephm01 wrote:

Anyone having problems with the Sky go app on the XZ premium, getting sound but no picture

Lots of people on a fair few devices looking at play reviews.

Sky go has a history of being updated sparingly for compatibility whereas now TV running off the same service is regularly updated.

You can email apps@bskyb.com and ask when the next update will be sent out (I believe the last update was way back in June)

ARBN
Visitor

Hello everyone 

I've 2 simcards on my cellphone and Sometimes during phone call, both antene signal will drop, WiFi anten will drop too, I hear a BEEP sound and get a message (mobile network not available)

After few seconds everything gonno be OK.

It happen once every 4-5 phone call

It won't happen when I don't have any phonecall and signals (cellar & WiFi) works perfectly. 

*** my phone is up to date 

Ryuji
Visitor

Hello,

I am writting here because I want to buy an Xperia XZ Premium SO-04J from Japan because a friend traveled there but I don't know if this model works with the bands used in Uruguay.

This is the page of the spects of this model, there are other bands used in Japan too (the page is in japanese).

https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/smart_phone/so04j/spec.html?icid=CRP_PRD_so04j_spec_up

These are the bands used in Uruguay.

Band 2G: (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900)
Band 3G: (850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100)
Band 4G: (700 / 850 / 1700 (BANDA 4) / 1900 / 2100 (BAND 4) / 2600)

Thank you and excuse me for my english.

ARBN
Visitor

i recommend you to buy it from your country.

becuase build number for each area is different so for updates you'll get problem

and maybe japan version does not support your local language, or maybe your oprator does not let your phone to be online on network and lots of more thinks.

alexGolen
Visitor

so this is interesting... according to this page:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxzpremiumdualsim/userguide/icons-in-the-status-bar/

The DO NOT DISTURB icon should appear on the right side of the STATUS BAR, replacing the "Vibrate" icon when activated. But for some reason, my xperia XZ Premium shows it on the left side as a notification... this is a bit annoying as when I do turn the DO NOT DISTURB mode on, then lock the phone, I have no indication that my phone is in that mode... In other words, it looks like the phone is set to regular mode. The "Vibrate" icon is obviously gone in this mode.

Is that a sony issue, does anybody know how can this be fixed??