Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@alexGolen wrote:

so this is interesting... according to this page:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxzpremiumdualsim/userguide/icons-in-the-status-bar/

The DO NOT DISTURB icon should appear on the right side of the STATUS BAR, replacing the "Vibrate" icon when activated. But for some reason, my xperia XZ Premium shows it on the left side as a notification... this is a bit annoying as when I do turn the DO NOT DISTURB mode on, then lock the phone, I have no indication that my phone is in that mode... In other words, it looks like the phone is set to regular mode. The "Vibrate" icon is obviously gone in this mode.

Is that a sony issue, does anybody know how can this be fixed??

I believe that it does this in order to show an actual notification on the lock screen to make users aware the DND is activated.Screenshot_20170814-210533.png

If it was a status, the notification wouldn't show

alexGolen
Visitor

The thing is that I don't want the annoying notification. Also it doesn't show me it if I turn the DND mode on and THEN lock the screen. But if i turn DND when the phone is already locked, then the notification will pop up and you can't swipe it away... This is all very raw... 

Also, the older Xperia models I've had were showing the dnd icons on the right side... And then again... According to the support page, that's where they should be...

I really hope that Sony will address this minor, yet annoying issuse, and will at least give us an option to choose where we want this icon to be. I really don't need an entire notification to indicate my mode... A simple STATUS icon in the top right corner will be just fine, just like the Vibrate icon. And I think that's how the Google Pixel phones and other android phones work... you really don't need a bulky notification

DanielC96
Visitor

Hey, so my phone automatically updates things and the most recent one has altered my keyboard. I'm not sure why but now when I want to text on apps or messaging it takes up the entire screen which can really mess with some things I message on. This was never a problem before a few minutes ago and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or knows how to fix it?

Edit: Nevermind, turned off my phone for a couple minutes after posting and that seems to have fixed it. If anyone else is having that problem now you know Slightly_smiling_Face

Shnig
Visitor

Anyone know if the Netflix app update that enables HDR on the xz-premium also enables 4k on netflix? Can't seem to find the specific info...

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

I Have some questions as well. 

1) Is it okay to clean the front speakers with a damp cotton swab ? 

2)I have the Sony Quick Charger provided in the box, i also have adaptive-smart charging on. Will it harm the battery? Because the Smart charging slowly charges from 90% to 100% but won't the battery be harmed from the Quick Charge? It charges very fast and it might reduce the battery lifespan.

alexGolen
Visitor

It's an official technology from qualcom which sony has officially adapted in its phones. No, it won't damage your battery. 

And yes, you can clean the speakers with a damp swab. Just be gentle as they are covered with a thin protective nylon net layer.

cypizek
Visitor

Hi,i have a simply question.Is it waterproof?

I want try photo under water Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@cypizek wrote:

Hi,i have a simply question.Is it waterproof?

I want try photo under water Slightly_smiling_Face

it is certified as water and dust resistant, but water damage isn't covered by warranty. it's more of a "peace of mind" feature in a sense that you should be fairly certain that it'll keep working after you drop it in the toilet or use it in the rain, but it's not supposed to be treated as a "hey, take it to the swimming pool" certificate.

the phone should probably be fine if you take some underwater pics, but if something happens with it, then it's on you.

MrK80
Visitor

My XZP start to randomly shut down at 30-40 %

And than You can only turn it on with charger. it was only 2 months carefuly used.

Softwarerepair with Xperia Companion didnt helped. Any suggestions?

Leroy5657
Visitor

Hi, after upgrading to android 7.1.1 my phone powers off once it's gone into sleep mode? 

Any ideas of how to fix it? Plus it's very difficult to switch it back on. 

Many thank