Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Ferodin wrote:

Hello everyone I am new in this community.

1-My question is about attaching contacts on sms. 

There are options to send locations, to send photos and other stuff. But no option to send contacts. Come on, who sends photos on sms application?

I do. hi.

anyway, there are two workarounds you can try.

1. go to Contacts, tap on the contact you want to send to open its card, tap on the three dots in the top corner of the screen, then choose Share > Messages.

2. use another SMS app. what I love about Android is that when I don't like something about an app that came with my phone or I'm missing a feature, I can usually get a good replacement in Play Store. that way, I can make my phone work just the way I want it to work. for example, Textra SMS (free with ads, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra) and Pulse SMS (free, no ads, optional purchase that allows you to text from your PC https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.klinker.messenger) both have the option to attach a contact directly from the conversation.

MCPA1207
Visitor

why does the paint paint in the side pnel is peeling ? so can we get a new panel even for cost without changing the display because display no way conected to the panel .

Lachlann
Visitor

Hi,
I purchased a new Sony Xperia XZ Premium yesterday to replace my four year old Sony Xperia Z. I successfully transferred my apps and information between the phones using Xperia Transfer Mobile.

However, I am experiencing problems with apps not operating correctly on the new phone. The affected apps include; Google, Facebook and Album. The apps will not open and the message "Google, Facebook, Album, etc. has stopped" appears.

I have re-booted the phone and deleted and reinstalled the apps but the problem persists. I have also updated the phone software to the latest version. I had no problem with the apps operating of the old phone.

Ahmed0o0o
Visitor

I have 2 issues First one is the wifi connectivity it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes

Tryed everything, restart, resting the phone and the modem, forgetting the network, and switching from 2.4g to 5g nothing worked

2 camera distortion is very bad evry thing are curved

I just bought this phone yasterday and I feel i got scammed bad and I need my money back 

Tags (2)
MartyLK
Visitor

When will the fingerprint sensor be enabled in the US?

Joaquin11
Visitor

Users need an update, tic tac, tic tac, time runs engineers, get to work solving those problems.
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@MartyLK wrote:

When will the fingerprint sensor be enabled in the US?

here's a good read https://www.androidcentral.com/sony-fingerprint-sensors-us-deals

the whole shenanigans is partially caused by US carriers. your best bet would be flashing software from other region in order to enable the fingerprint scanner.

dj_bakica
Visitor

Hi! 

Can you explane me why XZ Premium doesn't have 'double tap wake up' option?

I think this function is not something hard to implement through software update.

Even my Z2, M4 Aqua and X Performance have this useful option.

Please return it to users through next or Oreo update.

HermesHidayat
Visitor

I am waiting for the same answer lol

Mahsa97
Visitor

Hi. I have bought my phone about a week ago. It is pretty cool and perfect just as expected., but I have a tiny problem that. I wanted to ask if anyone else knows what might be the solution!

MY ZXP doesnt play high quality videos means HD & FULL HD 

Is there anybody here who colud suggest a tip to me. I am really desperate😞