Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Mentobi
Visitor

@najodleglejszy I'm running CE1 - I hope this means it cycles to me soon. 

Thanks for the response. 

Mahsa97
Visitor

I think this kinda disfunctions are funny for XZP

So many old models of other brands can play FHD movies with no issue, without even needing any updates? 

Don't you agree? 

Mahsa97
Visitor

No problem. Tanx

Achiad
Visitor

I can't take 4k videos. The limit is FHD 1080P. Is that because the camera doesn't support 4K videos? Bought it in Israel, the model is G8141. I tried different camera apps, it still tells me that the max shooting resolution is 1080P. Can you please help me out?

Thank you! 

HermesHidayat
Visitor

To record using 4k.open camera. Keep swiping left until you see the modes. There will be sound photo, panorama and 4k video. 

BadCheetah
Visitor

Hi there,

Hoping all is well. I need to make an urgent enquiry about APN settings in my new SONY Xperia XZ Premium phone.

My data roaming and mobile device APN settings currently work fine for my use here in Ireland.

However, I had no access to data roaming and internet when recently travelling in Europe on business. I have been in contact with my mobile network provider’s help desk here in Ireland. They have now provided me with separate APN settings for me use when I am next in Europe, as sometimes these European APN settings can sometimes be different with the local operators.

I wish to apply this additional European APN configuration settings in to my phone. My problem is that my SONY Xperia XZ Premium will not allow me to manually save any additional APN settings (using the + symbol in /More/ Mobile Networks/  Access Point Names/ APNs).

I have used these following SONY Support Instructions for setting up APNs :

To add internet and MMS settings

1.From your Home screen, tap .

2.Find and tap Settings > More > Mobile networks.

3.Tap Access Point Names > .

4.Tap Name and enter a name of your choice, then tap OK.

5.Tap APN and enter the access point name, then tap OK.

6.Enter all other required information. If you don’t know what information is required, contact your network operator for more details.

7.When you're done, tap , then tap SAVE.

8.To select the APN that you have just added, tap the radio button besides the name of the APN. Once selected, this APN becomes the default APN for internet and MMS services.

Instructions Nos. 01 - 06 work fine for me. But, Instructions Nos. 07 - 08 do not work and I cannot save the entered details.

Anyone able to advise me on why this does not work, please ? I expect I should be able to use the + symbol and add separate configurations for any various APN settings.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

BadCheetah.

Ireland.

azzido
Enthusiast

According to thread I have a quick question:

When can we expect Android 8? At least a monnt would be great to know. 
It looks like this time Samsung will be faster even than Sony for their phones that are already longer on the market (Samsung S8). 

Hope some Sony dev could reply what is current progress. 
Is development and testing for XZ Premium at the beginning, in the middle or ening? 

Thank you in advance. 

azzido
Enthusiast

Another question:

could customers participate in creating of new devices? 
To have an impact on design, materials and internals being used. 

I saw iPhone X and personally I hate completele bezelless devices. 
I mean the ones in Premium could be smaller but not to a degree that entire front will be screen...
If sony wants to avoid the hump they should keep bigger top bezel, but the lowe one should be smaller especially there is speaker only and nothing else. Bezels does not have to be the same size. 

Would be nice to have variants of the same device like metal and glass one, everyone could select the one that likes. Now if there are only metal ones on the market you need to wait another 6 months, a year or even longer until the glass one will appear. This for design, but biggest changes sony needs to provide for the software, currently it is too stock and many features I liked are gone. More customization and unique features would be welcomed, tthings like widgets (including Album widget) and FM Radio should be definitely back. Keep audio jack, sd cards, dual sim. Correct volume buttons (the ones in Premium are bad, previous was way better) and improve dedicated camera button. I wonder why camera button icon is almost not visible in black version of XZ Premium. Same comes for Xperia logo on the back. Provide BIGGER battery. Camera I will not comment as we all know how it is now and what is needed. Hopefully.  

randombeats
Visitor

Hi ive got an z3 plus i live in the uk, the battey barley lasts  half a day before being dead.

im looking to get this as my next phone or possiably the s8

is this phone an improvement on this? whats your experience with it i mainly use music while on the bus bluetooth on to pair with my smart watch,calling prople and general facebook & messaging

Thanks Richard

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@azzido wrote:

According to thread I have a quick question:

When can we expect Android 8? At least a monnt would be great to know. 
It looks like this time Samsung will be faster even than Sony for their phones that are already longer on the market (Samsung S8). 

Hope some Sony dev could reply what is current progress. 
Is development and testing for XZ Premium at the beginning, in the middle or ening? 

Thank you in advance. 

Length of time on market seems to be irrelevant with android updates, iirc Xperia had 5 devices updated to nougat before Samsung's flagship started rolling out.