Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@randombeats wrote:

Hi ive got an z3 plus i live in the uk, the battey barley lasts  half a day before being dead.

im looking to get this as my next phone or possiably the s8

is this phone an improvement on this? whats your experience with it i mainly use music while on the bus bluetooth on to pair with my smart watch,calling prople and general facebook & messaging

Thanks Richard

In every way, shape and form, yes.

profile.country.GB.title
lenight69
Explorer

I upgraded from the z3 plus and I've never looked back 

NOO
Visitor

There seems to be an extra lock screen when I unlock, and it has ads for apps on it. How do I disable it, or at least ditch the ads?

Thanks. 

Tags (1)
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@NOO

This looks like a 3rd party app. Restart into safe mode and see if it disappears.

NOO
Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply. It was just that. Avoid Jewel Star by Itree like the plague! 

Tags (1)
Josephus
Visitor

How do I take blur-free photos? And to unfocused an object or subject? I'm having a hard time taking a family picture because other family member's face or body is blurred even using superior auto. Thanks in advance. 

Wahi5
Visitor

I want to know if there is a radio app like the one is in the xperia z1 that does not use internet connection, for xperia zx 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Wahi5 XZ Premium doesn't have an FM radio.

azzido
Enthusiast

Correction, it has FM Radio as it is build in Qualcomm's chip, however it was disabled by Sony. 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

...which effectively means that there's no FM radio.